Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
wanting to get into reloading >

wanting to get into reloading

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

wanting to get into reloading

Old 08-15-2009, 08:21 PM
Spike

Default wanting to get into reloading

i want to get into reloading,what are somethings i ned to get to start out with?
Old 08-15-2009, 08:52 PM
Typical Buck

Have a look here first:
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/reloading/174574-new-reloading-read-first.html

And get all the primers you can
Old 08-16-2009, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I'd check first

How easy is it to find components like bullets, and primers and cartridges. It's a little difficult without the preceding.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Find a local sporting goods store that stocks those kinds of things and pick up what you need. But first I would get a good reloading manual like the Speer or Hodgdon one and go from there. You should also get a good book on reloading like The ABC's of Reloading or something along those lines to help you better understand what you are wanting to accomplish.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was a bit overwhelmed to get started in reloading but after I got everything together I realised it isnt bad at all. I did a lot of reading on the internet befor I started.
Pretty simple really.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:17 PM
Spike

Feel free to pm me..been reloading for the last 27 years.Thank God too-just left Gander Mt and a box of .270 that was 17.00 last year are now 37.00
Old 08-20-2009, 05:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Your best bet is to just buy a good reloading manual first.You'll need one regardless and will get a very good idea whats needed and whats not.I'd suggest the Lee manual.It's the cheapest but is as in depth as the others.I went with Lee gear all the way.My needs are modest so I got their hand held press.It works like a charm as does the other components.
Good luck!
Old 08-30-2009, 01:02 AM
Spike

I bought a Lee aniversary pack and started with that, it done all the reloading for me and a few friends for a fair few years before I started upgrading to better quality gear, I reloaded 45/70, .22 hornet, 6.5 X 55 swede , .308 and done a good job on hunting and plinking loads, I'm into metal sillouette now so need a bit more accurace for hitting rams at 500m so I got some better dies etc.

The LEE RGB dies are a good start and cost bugger all.

JMHO

West Aussie Maverick.
Old 08-30-2009, 04:31 AM
Fork Horn

After you have read the stuff, I'd check at my range/gunclub for someone that already loads.Most, would consider it a complement if you wanted to look over the shoulder! They can also answer a lot of questions and clear any apprehension.
Dan