Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
need load suggestions >

need load suggestions

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

need load suggestions

Old 07-20-2009, 03:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default need load suggestions

Seeing how buying the factory ammo I want isn't looking to promising before hunting season,( everythning in Manitoba, Canada has been back ordered for months ) I am thinking of having my empty 270 brass reloaded with the Berger 150 gr.MVLD bullets for this years deer, and my first elk season. I shoot an A-Bolt if that makes any difference. Seeing how my budget does not allow for alot of different powder purchases, maybe 2 cans, any load suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:44 PM
Spike

If it were me I would look at IMR 4350 or IMR 4831 with a Nosler 140 partition thats what I like in my 270 the powder I settled on was IMR 4831 with a win case and Federal 210 primer the last 11 deer that stood in front of it didn't take but a step or 2 from about 45 yards to 315 yards
Old 07-24-2009, 06:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

For elk, I would use that 150-grain bullet and 53.5 grains of IMR 4350 in the 270 Win. This load would be good for big mule deer also.