Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 LEE anniversary kit >

LEE anniversary kit

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

LEE anniversary kit

Old 06-26-2009, 03:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default LEE anniversary kit

Looking to start reloading my .223 &.270, rifle loads and 9mm & .380 handgun loads.
http://www.leeprecision.com/cgi/catalog/browse.cgi?1246056934.1308=/html/catalog/anivers.html
Seems like a good kit to start with , especially for 95$
The RCBS kit is around 200$ more , but can be upgraded to a progressive press later.
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...amp;id=0018937

One buddy swears by the LEE, another says it's junk. I dunno.
What says the board?
Any suggestions , on other kits or makes welcome.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:57 PM
Spike

Default RE: LEE anniversary kit

I have one..it isnt too bad,THe vice is nice and does A good job.It suits me fine for the little bit of reloading i do.(few hundred rounds a year).Definitly not bad for the price.SOme of the stuff seems a little cheezy but seems to work out fine...STill not bad for the price!!hope this helps a little!!
Old 06-27-2009, 06:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use Lee.Folks that say it's trash just can't get past the fact that it works just as well as their pricier stuff.You can spend more but....
Old 06-27-2009, 07:47 AM

You get what you pay for, Lee makes a good product, I myself have a few Lee items. I use RCBS mostly, I just think it's a better reloader. some will swear by Lee some by RCBS. Depends how much your going to reload, I've had my RCBS for 30 years and have only had to replace ond die.I have reloaded on an average 1000 rounds a month.
Old 06-27-2009, 08:49 AM
Fork Horn

My presses are Lee. My challenger press has a broken linkage. I have a Lee die that has a burr inside. I think it came that way, but I don't know for sure.

I have a Lee turret press, I wanted to set it up as a progessive, but I need more parts. That I feel is Midway USA's fault, they could have been more informative when the sold it to me.

When I get around to it, I'll get my Lee problems fixed.

If it is worth it to you to pay 3 times as much to not have these problems, go with somebody other than Lee. And there is still no gaurantee you won't have a few problems.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:59 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the opinions guys, still doing my research,will post when I buy. Lyman, Dillon, quite a few brands.. to look at
Old 06-29-2009, 04:13 PM

Dillon is a good choice, but ifi remember right you can't interchange dies like you can with Lee and RBCS
Old 07-01-2009, 04:33 AM
Fork Horn

Decided on the LEE, figured I'll prolly only load 1000 or so rounds a yr. & I can always upgrade later.
But; The price went from 95$ to 135$ at the LEE site since I started this thread.
I did a little searching and found the challenger anniversary kit at Natchez still just 95$. Ordered the case length gauge also. Dies were back ordered though. Can't wait for the ups truck to arrive.