Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 The Last Grasp of Sanity >

The Last Grasp of Sanity

Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

The Last Grasp of Sanity

Old 05-14-2009, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default The Last Grasp of Sanity

I have a box of 180 gr. Hornady SP reloaded in a 30/06 cartridge and it's in the ammo box set aside for nothing else, but for hunting. Another box for another cartridge is also set aside. Two rifles with hunting bullets.

I just bought a dozen aluminum arrows, at a great sales price, to just have something to fling downrange at targets this summer.

At this point, with such great shortages of primers, parsimony is a great virtue. And I'm too cheap to have built up a reservoir of a half ton of reloading components.

Finally found my calling in life.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: The Last Grasp of Sanity

Good for you.

I don't want to rain on your parade, but arrows are pretty delicate and easy to lose. If you get good enough that you start hitting one arrow with the other, you start wrecking them pretty fast. Carbon arrows dont have that problem, but cost more so you don't want to lose them. Anyhow you should get more shots out of them comparing them to rifle ammo.

It is getting ridiculous. .22 ammo is finally back here. Can't get much cheaper than that.

You just about need to look into slingshots and bb guns.
Old 05-23-2009, 08:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

It is definately insane right now. The ammo manufacturers cannot keep up with the demand. Everyone is buying guns, then the ammo to go with it. Supplies are low and when someone sees ammo they need on the shelf they buy it all up. Crazy. I'm glad I reload and have a good supply of ammo and components for everything I shoot.
Old 05-23-2009, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm set on arrows for the year. I never do Robin Hood's. I aim at different dots for each arrow, and pull the arrows quickly. I'm real cheap you know.

I see some are still asking if 2009 is a good year to start reloading. Whoaaaaaaa!

Looked at my favorite sites today. On order.....on order.....on order.

Must be a run on air rifles, too. Withdrawal is tough. At least I'm an archer too with two bows.
Old 05-23-2009, 05:32 PM
Fork Horn

Our Cabelas has finally gotten in a good supply of powder. They are limiting sales to 1lb of powder and 300 primersper customer for now. CJ