Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 Are you able to find reloading components >

Are you able to find reloading components

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Are you able to find reloading components

Old 03-11-2009, 02:41 PM
Fork Horn

Default Are you able to find reloading components

Are any of you having any luck finding reloading components? Anybody have any suggestions where to go to find bullets, primers, and powder? In particular, I have been looking for 8mm 175 grain Sierra spitzer rifle bullets and .45 caliber Nosler 185 grain jacketed hollow points. I have not been able to find them. I have had a little more luck finding components locally here in central PA but not by a lot as compared to finding them online.

Anybody have any guesses as to when this shortage will be over?
Old 03-11-2009, 03:00 PM

Default RE: Are you able to find reloading components

No guesses. Tough to get components here in Colorado as well. I keep getting told, "we are starting to get things in slowly just check back." Sportsman Warehouse has been bare for 8 months.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:20 PM
Fork Horn

I had trouble finding primers for a while, then Bass Pro receivedsome WLR primers and I bought a 1000. Found Magnum primers on gunbroker and so far, have been lucky to get Powder at Bass Pro and Cabelas. Bought the last of the IMR 4350 I could get my mitts on. Loaded ammo seems fine so far, so may have to get some as back-up just in case.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I been scrounging a little of everywhere and have a pretty good supply. Surprisingly wal mart has been fairly reliable for powder.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

We have one supply store here in town that carries any reloading supplies and they have been pretty slim. All they can get in are pistol primers. They did have a small batch of WLR primers and I got 100 but I like CCI and they have been back ordered on those for two months. So I stop by once a week and am prepared to buy a years supply of cci 200s and Fed.215 like everyone else and adding my part to the shortage.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:45 AM
Fork Horn

No problem here atall, the local gun shops including Cabelas has no shortage of components or ammo.
This may be due to location asI imagine that there are fewer reloaders in the NE
Old 03-12-2009, 08:20 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Major Woods

No problem here atall, the local gun shops including Cabelas has no shortage of components or ammo.
This may be due to location asI imagine that there are fewer reloaders in the NE
I am not too sure about that. Do you have any idea how many deer hunters there are in the state of PA and NY? These are BIG time hunting states.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Doesn't seem to be any problem here , 223 Rem ammo is the thing that is hard to get .
Old 03-12-2009, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Picked up 2 boxes of 180 gr .308 Sierra Gamekings this eve for $30 bucks at a local store that I didnt even reallize had anything. They still had a few things left though. These had been on the shelves for a while. Should be some good deer meds. I havent tried these but I cant imagine them not grouping decent with something.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:15 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Doe Dumper

Picked up 2 boxes of 180 gr .308 Sierra Gamekings this eve for $30 bucks at a local store that I didnt even reallize had anything. They still had a few things left though. These had been on the shelves for a while. Should be some good deer meds. I havent tried these but I cant imagine them not grouping decent with something.
My dad used to tell me that 180 grain bullets were hard to beat in the .30-06. He used load hardly nothing but Hornady 180 grain round nose bullets and claimed that they would shoot as well as anything else out to 100 yards. From my expereince he was right. My 100 yard targets usually have all the holes touching. Start getting beyond 100 yards, the spitzer boattails probally start to take over. We never had any trouble holding deer with these bullets.

Quick Reply: Are you able to find reloading components

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.