Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

old

Old 02-25-2009, 01:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default old

removed by RD

Last edited by Ron Duval; 01-19-2010 at 07:18 AM.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:25 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: How many years until lead is banned?

I travel to Europe quite a bit. Especially UK. And one thing I have observed is your closer to the truth than you think.

From a lesson from UK's gun control, all a goverment has to do is change the culture of one generation to totally wipe out guns. And if you make shooting so expensive and such a hassle, people won't go to the range on an regular basis. And if they don't go to the range on a regular basis, then there's no such thing as recreational shooting. You do that for one generation, and a goverment can put out any control and get very little resistence such as UK.

UK had another thing going against it. Land is at a premium in UK. Only people that can hunt are the super rich. If you saw in the US, only rich people could do it, you might say, screw it, if can't do it, why should they. Another nail in the coffin.

Recreational shooting and public hunting land is what saves us in this country.

I just had a newborn 10 months ago. My wife came to me with a concerned look and told me she read in "parents" mag that when I go to the gun range, I need to take off my clothes outside, and wash them separately. What a crock. 95% of the people at my range are shooting jacketed bullets. They are attacking us from many fronts.

Old 02-25-2009, 04:44 PM
Typical Buck

Recently, it was a report came out that said people was being exposed to "deadly" amounts of lead, from game meat even after you trimmed away a huge area from around the wound channel. B.S Way to many 90+ year old picked pellets out of their meat at the kitchen table. I now one such gent, sharp as a tack at 93. So the only way one is going to get lead poisoning from a gun is to be on the wrong end of it..
Old 02-25-2009, 05:46 PM
Typical Buck

There have been two articles in the NRA American Rifleman magazine regarding a North Dakota study on those who eat wild game and blood lead levels. It turns out those who consume wild game regularly(children and adults) have LOWER lead levels than the general public. It appears the doctor who started the claim of lead contaminationin wild game from the leadshot or bullets containing leadmay have another agenda.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:09 AM
Fork Horn

Default old

removed by RD

Last edited by Ron Duval; 01-19-2010 at 07:20 AM.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Range shutdown

Here in Pennsylvania, we underwent a lead abatement/removal program at our State Gamelands public shooting ranges over the last year. Most, if not all ranges were shut down for about 4-6 months while the lead containing soil/backdrop was removed and hauled to landfills that take contaminated waste. The backstop areas were re-contoured and dressed with what appears to be a coarse limestone sand at the range in my area. They spent a lot of money and time doing this, and the results are pleasing.
The ranges have been re-opened and are being used regularly. It is also my understanding that a lot of skeet/trap and claybird ranges have been closed by government agencies due to the "reported" lead leaching problem.
I'm sure that the fringe lunatics will make every effort possible to rally this issue and cause us untold grief on their behalf. It is important for us to understand the true facts concerning lead "poisoning" issues and counteract their propaganda with letters, e-mails and phone calls to our elected officials unmasking their exaggerated claims. Leftfornia is already marching to some of the beat.......
Old 02-26-2009, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah this facet scares me for sure. This one is somewhat debatable.

Tom
Old 02-26-2009, 07:27 AM
Fork Horn

Default old

removed by RD

Last edited by Ron Duval; 01-19-2010 at 07:20 AM.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Isn't it ironic that they are trying to scare up away from eating game shot with bullets while here in NC there are warningsat several lakes and rivers about consuming fish because of mercury and other toxic heavy metals that are in the fish from our actions...
Old 02-26-2009, 12:31 PM
Fork Horn

Default old

removed by RD

Last edited by Ron Duval; 01-19-2010 at 07:21 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.