Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 Experienced reloaders...talk to me.... >

Experienced reloaders...talk to me....

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Experienced reloaders...talk to me....

Old 01-12-2009, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Experienced reloaders...talk to me....

ORIGINAL: [email protected]

Lee makes the best case trimmer peroid ,Regardless of price! Just go ahead and spend that $6.
As for dies, I like the Lee collet die, included with a set for about $25 total. I just dont see where the other guys give you any more for your money.
I have them but my Lee tools take a back seat to none of them when I get to the range.
.......Uhhhhh.....As to case trimmers, I feel the Forster is the best of the bunch. But then again, what do I know? I started out using a Bair. Been a day or two ago.......
Old 01-14-2009, 11:21 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Experienced reloaders...talk to me....

Bigcountry had lots of good advice. I would say small base dies are not a must for the AR, atleast not for me.

For a case trimmer, I would highly suggest the Wilson Trimmer. I have the kit with the stand and the case holder clamp. Neither of these is a MUST, but I use them 100% of the time as they are handy. The key to the Wilson is it supports the case closer to the mouth which seems to eliminate chatter. I heard the cutter angle may help that too, not sure. It can do with hand power what the others whish they could do with drill power. It works that well. It is in the white, so keep it oil coated. If you have a vice to put it in, it is the cheapest too! The stand and clamp make it like $60 from Sinclair, I think. For most pistol, I toss cases which need trimmed.

For rifle accuracy, get the Hornady LNL headspace, comparator, and OAL gauges. They are key in setting up your dies. For runout, I use the RCBS Case master. It has alot of functionality and is reasonably priced. It can measure very accurately, if you are careful.