Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 a question about getting started >

a question about getting started

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

a question about getting started

Old 02-26-2003, 10:59 PM
Typical Buck

Default a question about getting started

hi , i' m new to reloading , and was wondering what i need to get started or as close to getting started in reloading as i can get. i' m not looking for speed i' de be happy with one shell at a time , safety is most important to me , so could anybody lend me a hand and let me know what i need ( i' m on a tight budget so , bare bones or nothing fancy equipment is what i can afford) .
this is not easy to ask as i' m not sure how to write it or word it
Old 02-26-2003, 11:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: a question about getting started

I think the place to start is how much do you want to spend ? It would make your question easier to answer if we knew that .
Old 02-27-2003, 06:15 AM
Fork Horn

Check out this site http://www.rcbs.com/guideframe.html it has the basics of what you need and a step by step on how to reload. It should answwer most of your questions. You can get started fro under $20.00 ( Lee hand kit) to what ever you want to spend.
Old 02-27-2003, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

What do you want to reload? Shotgun? Centerfire?...
Old 02-27-2003, 09:32 AM

I' m new to reloading as well I have a rcbs press and i love it bought the whole thing as a kit. Everything you need to get started minus powder,bullets,and brass. Good luck with it.
Old 02-27-2003, 07:21 PM
Typical Buck

thanks for the replies , i want to reload centerfire rifle and pistol but , i will start with rifle , i' m not sure about the spendature because i hear so many people talking about electronis scales and powder measures , so i don' t really know what all i' ll need . basically i' m starting from scratch and working my way up , and learning on the way. i think what i' m saying is what' s the most essential components to starting reloading , and any tips as well. i hope i explained this better this time

thanks for the link , and the info on rcbs kits
Old 02-28-2003, 12:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Get a catalog from www.midwayusa.com and they list the prices for quite a few reloader kits that have everything you need to start .You don' t need to start with a electronic scale or dispenser . They are great but not a necessity to start reloading . The better the quality of the reloader kit the higher the price will be ,But they all will work even the cheaper models .Good Luck
Old 02-28-2003, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would look through a Midway Catalog also and check prices...
Old 03-03-2003, 10:26 PM
Typical Buck

thanks for the info and the links guys , i' ve ordered a catalog and it should arive in 2 to 4 weeks, once again thanks
Old 03-03-2003, 10:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

If you are just getting started you might take a look at the Lee kit available. It has all the tools you need to get started. Once you get good later on you can upgrade to more top of the line equipment. Someone on here should be able to give some insight about the quality of the kit for a beginer. I also am going to begin reloading my self so I would also appreciate any info on this kit.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...ype=index&rid=

Quick Reply: a question about getting started

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.