Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 Reloading 30-06 shells. >

Reloading 30-06 shells.

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Reloading 30-06 shells.

Old 02-22-2003, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Reloading 30-06 shells.

i am wondering if i should learn how to reload. how much money does it cost to reload the 30-06? how hard is it to do it. and how long does it take to reload.?thnks
Old 02-22-2003, 05:17 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Reloading 30-06 shells.

reloading for me if fun couse i like to tinker.if you shoot alot at the range or in the feild, reloading will save you alot of money as compaired to if you had to buy factory loads every time out.now the set up cost for reloading will set you back some but again if you shoot alot it will pay for it self in no time.i,m not sure of the ratio between factory and hand loads but it would be somthing like,$1.00 for factory versus 20 cents for reload per shell.thats just a wild guess,never realy sat down i figured out what a hand load cost per shell.i do it for the fun and the increased accuracy.
Old 02-22-2003, 11:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

The material to load a box of 30-06 runs me about$5.60 a box and takes about twenty minutes on a single stage reloader . It very easy to learn in my opinion. What equipment you decide to buy will determine how long it takes to recover your initial investment from the money saved reloading . custom rounds cost more than the price given ,it was figured equal to a factory round .
Old 02-23-2003, 02:35 PM

]If you shoot alot it pays to reload. If you don' t shoot but a couple boxes of shells in a years time and you don' t have the extra space to set up a loading bench then it would not be worth your time. If you decide reloading is what you want the first thing to do is buy a reloading manual and read, read, read. It is a rewarding and fun experience, and once you know what your doing,you can load a box of shells in about 15 minutes on a single stage loader. If you know of anybody who is already into it, that would be a big help if they could help you get started. There are many different brands,makes,and models on the market to choose from, but do your homework before jumping right into it. Start small and gradually work your way up. As long as you stay within the guide lines of the reloading manuals you will be fine. Once again if you shoot alot and start to reload you' ll see the savings for sure. Not to mention the great feeling you' ll have with the end result. If ya need any advice or have a question,I' m sure someone here will be glad to help out. Hope this helps. Good luck and keep us posted.[
Old 02-23-2003, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Warning.....it' s addictive but a heck of alot of fun! I don' t reload to save money i just do it because i like to tinker and it' s a great hobby. It' s also a great way to get your rifle to shoot at it' s best.
Old 02-23-2003, 06:41 PM

yes it will add about 500 items to your " to buy" list
Old 02-23-2003, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have been doing some research on the internet and i have figured out that alot of people love reloading. i think that it would be the kind of thing that i would like to do. but dono if i shoot enough. but i thinks thats the problem. i worry sence i am a kid and work on a fmaily farm about shooting my 30-06 for wasting shells. well shooting is the only way to get better. but i cant afford to waste to many shells.. so i think that if i started reloading that i would definatley shoot more. i have done some reading up on it but i think before i do anything that i get a book on it and read it. that way i will kinda have an idea of what i am looking for.

well all of your information has been very help full but if you have more info please share. thanks
Old 02-23-2003, 08:12 PM
Typical Buck

i realy don' t shoot enough to justify the cost of all the toys involved with reloading.but i love to tinker and i enjoy the sub M.O.A groupings reloading creates.and your right reloading will force you to shoot more,that in its self is a good thing.reading a good manual on the subject if there no one around to show you the ropes is a must.starting off small is the way to do it but don' t go to cheap when it comes to a press.i made the mistake of buying a cheap bottom line lee press and it was nothing but a head ache.i now use a rock chucker from RCBS and i love it.RCBS has a rock chucker kit for around $250.00 from midsouth supply,it comes with every thing you will need(including a reloading manual) except the dies and shell holder.the press alone runs just under a hundred bucks,worth every penny.
Old 02-23-2003, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have a question about bullets. when they say 30 caliber do they mean like 30-06 and 308 and so on??
Old 02-23-2003, 09:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

When they say .30 caliber they mean any cartridge that takes a .308 diameter bullet. 30-06 Sprg. and 30-30 Win. are included. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Reloading 30-06 shells.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.