Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

What else?

Old 12-26-2007, 12:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default What else?

Well, I received just about everything I need to reload. I amgoing to list it all here and am asking you reloading pros to list anything else that you have found invaluable.

Rock Chucker supreme master kit which includes...
* Rock chucker press
* 505 scale
* Uniflow Powder thrower
* hand primer
* lube pad with lube
* loading block
* deburring tool
* funnel
* Speer reloading manual

Other items include...
* Hornady M-2 case tumbler
* Lyman universal case trimmer with pilots
* RCBS bullet puller
* All the necessary RCBS dies and shell holders

The only other thing I can think of right off the bat is a flash hole deburring tool which everyone seems to be sold out of. And more reloading manuals.

Anything you guys can add would be great.

Old 12-26-2007, 12:43 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: What else?

You might want to pick up an overall length gauge. I use a stony point.

Old 12-26-2007, 02:11 PM

A CALIPER!!!!!!

And a big notebook to keep all your notes in. I still struggle with keeping all my info straight and recipes straight and how this and that recipe performed and etc...etc...etc
Old 12-26-2007, 05:53 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Soilarch

A CALIPER!!!!!!

And a big notebook to keep all your notes in. I still struggle with keeping all my info straight and recipes straight and how this and that recipe performed and etc...etc...etc
DITTO
Old 12-26-2007, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Reloading manuals for the different powders that you like to use. I like the annual Hodgdon manual. Shell holder trays, which I think that you loading blocks are? MTM Case-Gard makes some pretty nifty finished bullet boxes, those are nice to have for the different calibers that you reload for.
Old 12-26-2007, 06:33 PM
bigcountry

I like to have a powder trickler. To me its invaluable.

Old 12-26-2007, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

A solid work bench with lots of room...
Old 12-27-2007, 10:36 AM
Fork Horn

Boy..."need" is such a subjective word when it comes to reloading! You will find as you get further and further into reloading that the list of items you "need" will grow

However, everything that has been mentioned here is a pretty good start. Sounds like you almost have everything minus a powder trickler and a set of good calipers.

I would also suggest using Horady One Shot lube. I've never had much luck with the standard lube pad.
Old 12-27-2007, 01:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

That press is a dandy. I do not know how old you are, but if you take care of the press, it will definitely last a life time. And for most loader's, and loading's you should never need an upgrade.

All above advice is great. My advice is to pick your time to reload. Keep your area clean, and quiet. It is best to learn reloading without any distractions. You need to give reloading your undivided attention.

Have a big deer steak and baked potato. Sit in your chair and relax for about 1/2 hour. Then with a clear mind and a full belly you can head to your reloading area. Tom.

Old 12-27-2007, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mello_collins

ORIGINAL: Soilarch

A CALIPER!!!!!!

DITTO

You just simply, absolutely NEED a good set of calipers!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.