Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 Barnes MRX ...2 THUMBS... >

Barnes MRX ...2 THUMBS...

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Barnes MRX ...2 THUMBS...

Old 10-09-2007, 05:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Barnes MRX ...2 THUMBS...

Got back from a mosse hunt last week...
And boy did these bullets ever perform well in my 30-06....
I was using thoose 180gr.MRX bullets..
I was providing back-up for my cousin when he shot his bull moose..
The bull (facing towards us), went down and got back up started running across the bottem of an open cutblock..after he fired his first shot with his .300 Win mag.
I laid the cross hairs on its front shoulder and fired, the bull took a nose dive head first fall onto the ground...It hit the ground hard, Almost positivethat moose broke its neck on that landing...
But my cousin followed up with a neck shot to be sure...
The distance was 263 yrds away we later found ( after he cancelled his tag), his first shot went through the antler.....
My bullet went through the rifled the top front shoulder shoulder blade, punched through the next one and stopped on the other side of the hide..
And that bullet mushroomed perfectly....
Two days later, I shot mine, at 20yrds away I did a frontal shot on a nice bull moose, the bull colaspsed on the spot, And never took another breath...
I didn't bother looking for that bullet, there was no exit wound out of the ribs etc..So I guessing it probably stopped in the lungs, but there was litres of blood and chunks of lung tissue everywhere on the ground...
I always been a huge fan of the TBBC for moose but I think I've got a new favorite now.

Old 10-09-2007, 06:27 AM

Default RE: Barnes MRX ...2 THUMBS...

Tough to whoop on Barnes Bullets.............................