Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 What to do with loads?... >

What to do with loads?...

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

What to do with loads?...

Old 09-19-2007, 08:03 AM
Spike

Default What to do with loads?...

Below are two loads I loaded for my .300 RSAUM; I made a post a few days back about the bolt not closing on the gun, fixed that problem and here are the results of the two loads:

The top group was with IMR-4350, bottom with Reloader 22. As you can see they both are very similar. The two options im throwing around are to 1-just go with the RX22 load since its a tad bit smaller, or 2-load up 3 more of each and shoot them at 100yrds and see what kind of group I get. But I can only guess that since RX22 was a bit tighter at 50yrds, that it will be tighter at 100yrds. thanks.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:10 AM
Spike

Default RE: What to do with loads?...

alright, how do I post pictures on this site? I normally upload them to photobucket and copy/paste on other forums.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

You definitely need to load up the same combinations again and see if they will repeat. I hope for your sake they do, but don't be surprised if they don't. Repeatable uniformity is what you want, and it may take some amount of adjustments to achieve it. Another thing you should consider is the temperature at which you shoot. Quite often, a combination that works well at say--75 deg. will not shoot as well at 30 deg., and vise/versa. There has been a lot of talk here lately about the temp. susceptibility of certain powders. You need to consider at what temp. ranges you will be hunting in with that load and gun, and see how it does there.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Kbeaner

alright, how do I post pictures on this site? I normally upload them to photobucket and copy/paste on other forums.
After you put your pictures on Photobucket-did you resize them. You really need to resize your pictures for them to show up. There may be a better way, but the only way I know is to resize. Tom.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:28 PM
Spike

***hmmm i resizedc to "message board size" still didn't work. Anyhow, on both loads I had about a 1.5 inch group...the IMR-4350 being about 3/4in bigger.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Kbeaner

On this site, you have to upload the picture directly from your own computer's file. See the little "click here to upload" sign?? Then you have to check "Embed picture in post" box after uploading.Limit is 100 K file size..... and only 1 pic per post. Yeah, frustrating, ain't it?
Old 09-20-2007, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Kbeaner I am testing IMR 4350 with 180 gr core lokts right now and your group looked similiar to the first 2 groups I have tried but at 100yds. By any chance was the worse shot of the group your 5th shot? What was the load for the IMR 4350?
Old 09-21-2007, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

You can load more than one pic. You just have to click the yellow square to load them from that site. Here's your pics for ya.

Old 09-21-2007, 12:50 PM

When pasting from photobucket, try using lower case letters in "IMG" like this.....

This works for me..........

Old 09-21-2007, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Beautiful setup you got there dubbleA.

Quick Reply: What to do with loads?...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.