Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

ammo disclaimer

Old 12-15-2002, 01:07 PM

Default ammo disclaimer

I have been reloading for a few years now ,and if I were to start selling it to pepole I know ,would I have to put a disclaimer in with the ammo ,and how do I go about doing this ,were do I go to do thi
Old 12-15-2002, 10:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ammo disclaimer

You could get legal advise from a attorney on the disclaimer . Get your license from the BATF to manufacture ammo ,state license ,county license (maybe) check your zoning and city regs ,fire department requirements in the city or county as to powder and primer storage . Or just do it under the table and hope you don't get caught. A disclaimer don't mean much if you aren't legal in all parts of your operation.
Old 12-16-2002, 01:13 AM

He's right.. you DEFINITELY have to have the license from the BATF.....

"Progress, far from consisting in change, depends on retentiveness..those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." Santayana
Old 12-16-2002, 08:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

A written disclaimer may make you feel all warm and fuzzy, but it will not prevent you from being held liable if someone is injured as a result of using ammo you loaded! Any time a jury becomes involved, it is a crapshoot! Just ask your attorney about this, too!!

Keep yore powder dry!!
Old 12-16-2002, 07:00 PM

Thank You guys for the good info , I think i will just stick to loading for myself and family members.
Old 12-17-2002, 07:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>I think i will just stick to loading for myself and family members.<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote> (Me too!!)

Keep yore powder dry!!
Old 12-17-2002, 10:09 AM
Typical Buck

years ago I was in a gun shop and there was a man and his wife there wanting to know how to get in touch with the Rem. rep.The man had the right side of his face very distorted and his right hand was missing.
The owner asked why he wanted to see a rep and he told him that his wife got him a 270 for x-mas and it blew up when he shot it.He asked the fellow what he was shooting in it and he said some of his buddies reloads,the owner said he didn't think it would do any good to talk to the rep.
I have reloaded for over 50 yrs but won't do it for anyone else except my brother.

http://www.hunting-pictures.com/memb...ght&encore.jpg