Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 Electronic Powder Measure/Scales >

Electronic Powder Measure/Scales

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Electronic Powder Measure/Scales

Old 11-05-2006, 07:41 PM

Default RE: Electronic Powder Measure/Scales

Bought a Pact on E-bay and then 2 days later at a garage sale ran across a Lyman 1200 DPS. Got to play with both and then sold the Pact. Calibratiing it took took long and the repeatability was okay but not great. The Lyman 1200 has been great every since I got it and I still do a random check every 15 to 20 rounds and have never found it off by more than 1 tenth of a grn. The other thing I bought around this same time was an RCBS trim mate. Can't believe I've been reloading this many years with out one. The combination of these two pieces of equipment really makes reloading more fun.
Old 11-11-2006, 07:32 AM

Default RE: Electronic Powder Measure/Scales

ORIGINAL: [email protected]

Also acording to their liturature they have a bullet proof warranty, and the price is right.
I will admit, PACT has replaced the load cell three times now without charge. But you are still paying shipping to get there and dealing with a couple of weeks down time. Not that my time is more valuable than anyone else's, but when I do find time to load I want all my equipment working. If you buy electronic, definitely keep your beam scale for a backup.