Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 Electronic Powder Measure/Scales >

Electronic Powder Measure/Scales

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Electronic Powder Measure/Scales

Old 10-30-2006, 01:32 PM
Spike

Default RE: Electronic Powder Measure/Scales

Wow! Thanks for all the input................ Some interesting points to ponder. Most of you hit it on the head when you surmised that I'm lookin' to save a little time. I don't load often, but when I do it tends to be a marathon session. Maybe if I didn't have to work so much, or enjoy fishing more, I could feel a little better about spending the time.

I primarily load an '06 for deer and varmint eradication. I also have a son that enjoys burning alot of powder, so he keeps me busy. Thanks again!

/mike
Old 10-30-2006, 03:06 PM

Usedthe sameold Redding scale for 35 years. My son bought me an RCBS Powder Pro Scale for Xmas atwo or threeyears ago. It was nothing but trouble. It was totally unrepeatable and very inaccurate.It is sitting in the closet gathering dust. I now use a new Redding balance beam scale that is just great. I use use a powder measure to throw the charge a little light thenbring the charge up to correct weight with a powder trickler and the scale.

Old 10-30-2006, 08:44 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: #40Fan

Lyman DPS 1200 here. Very accurate.

Yep, me too!
Old 10-31-2006, 10:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

After starting out with a Pact BBK digital, I now use a Redding beam. I have mucho confidence in it.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:47 PM
Fork Horn

I design precision, high reliabilitydigital electronics and have for many years.

I'll stick with my Lyman 55, tricklerand Ohaus beams for things that go BOOM. I only reload 200-300 rounds per month so speed is not an issue.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:29 PM
bigcountry

Hey fellow engineer here. Who ya work for kelbro? I work in optics and telecom.

Old 10-31-2006, 09:14 PM
Fork Horn

Due to companies outsourcing a lot of their design work to Asia, I recently switched from contract mfr. to OEM. Did medical, GPS, semi-cap (wafer processing) equipment, and even did some fiber optic x-mitter design back in the day. My company now makes OEM AC/DC power supplies (in God-forsaken China) that the 'big guys' in the PC industry slaps their names on. Lots of changes over the years and if an EE doesn't keep learning and keep adapting to the market, they're doomed. I spend a lot of time now in Taiwan and China 'fixing' their designs and manufacturing. It's easy to count the days to retirement on those 14 hr. plane rides LOL.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:02 PM

ORIGINAL: handloader1

I use a Pact digital scale it works very well for me. Good luck.
Me too. Regards, Rick.
Old 11-04-2006, 06:18 AM

The PACT is great WHEN it works. I have sent it back three times for a new load cell. Currently it sits on the shelf waiting to be sent back a fourth time. It will be on ebay after that.

As for comparison of time consumption, I find it negligible since most time is used transferring powder from case to pan and back to case.

My 2 cents goes toward a good beam scale.

Old 11-04-2006, 07:30 PM

I don't have one yet but I'll likely go with the Pact since they also make the RCBS, I see no need to pay a premium for the latter. Also acording to their liturature they have a bullet proof warranty, and the price is right.

Quick Reply: Electronic Powder Measure/Scales

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.