Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Barnes Bullets

Old 10-13-2006, 09:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Barnes Bullets

I was checking some of the places that I order bullets and have noticed that some only stock the TXS bullets now. Is Barnes phasing out the original X and coated X bullets? Maybe the TXS bullets have just reduced the demand for their other bullets.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Barnes Bullets

Below is an e-mailthat I received from barnes when I inquired as to the difference between the tsx and the original x.

The current X Bullets and TSX Bullets have both had the nose cavities re-engineered.Caliber for caliber and weight for weight the X Bullets and TSX bullets arethe same with the exception of the rings cut into the shank.The addition of the material cut off for the ringsis then added to the shank of the bullet to maintain the proper weight. This causes the TSX design to be slightly longer.Many of the minimum impact velocities were also increased to help the bullets retain the petals at higher velocities in both designs.[/align][/align]Both Bullets should perform the same at the identical impact velocities. With that said- most of the X Bullets are being discontinued for 2007 in favor of the TSX design that typically gives better accuracy, less fouling and higher velocities.[/align]
Old 10-13-2006, 02:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Barnes Bullets

Thanks, That clears that up. Looks like I will try the 140 TXS in the new 7MM-08. As well as the Ballistic tips.