Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 RCBS makes me want to puke..... >

RCBS makes me want to puke.....

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

RCBS makes me want to puke.....

Old 10-09-2006, 06:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: RCBS makes me want to puke.....

10 years ago almost all of the chinese product I compete aginst had lead paint but it seems they are making improvements.
The owners of our factory went to China to look into factorys there and came back with pics of factory paint lines using lead paint and no safety equipment on any of the workers
Old 10-13-2006, 08:35 AM
DM

Dm, I bought a NewFord 2000 3 cylinder DieselFarm Tractor in 1969 and all the parts were Lucas and had to come from England. Which I still have!
I've never owned a Ford 2000 but i know they are pretty good tractor, and a nice one bringsa good price on the used tractor market, especially the diesels...

I was on a sale not too long ago and an old retired farmer was selling a 3000 gas model that he had bought new,it onlyhad 1600 hrs. on it... It had been "barned" all of it's life, and it looked it!!! I didn't want another gas tractor so i never stayed untill it sold, but iheard he got a good price for it.

I have several tractors here, as i still do some custom tractor work.Ialsoneed one around herefor my own use too...

DM
Old 10-14-2006, 02:12 PM

I ain't buying made in China stuff. Will buy used instead. Bought that Barnett Quad 400 crossbow. It would not cock. The sear that holds the bowstring cocked was backwards. I hang my crossbows by the stirrup. Went hunting, looked through the made in China scope and it was all wacky. The glue that held the laminated lense together had come undone.

Should have bought a Horton or TenPoint. The Barnett bolts are no good either.
Old 10-14-2006, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DM

Dm, I bought a NewFord 2000 3 cylinder DieselFarm Tractor in 1969 and all the parts were Lucas and had to come from England. Which I still have!
I've never owned a Ford 2000 but i know they are pretty good tractor, and a nice one bringsa good price on the used tractor market, especially the diesels...

I was on a sale not too long ago and an old retired farmer was selling a 3000 gas model that he had bought new,it onlyhad 1600 hrs. on it... It had been "barned" all of it's life, and it looked it!!! I didn't want another gas tractor so i never stayed untill it sold, but iheard he got a good price for it.

I have several tractors here, as i still do some custom tractor work.Ialsoneed one around herefor my own use too...

DM
I had a ford 3000 with a mower deck to mow my fields on the farm back in missouri it was gas powered one it was one heck of work horse.
Old 10-18-2006, 03:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wish you guys were my customers!
Old 10-18-2006, 07:20 PM
Fork Horn

Here is my first hand knowledge of the new and better corporate world we live in. I am a seasoned veteran of over 20 years in the boat building industry, based in Minnesota. 2 years ago we were purchased by a big corporation, they are stockholder owned, so they have to cut corners everywhere. in my opinion, we use to build one of the finest products in the industry, now since we are a "corporation" I feel we no longer build a product I would consider purchasing or recommeding to my friends, as far as I am concerned corporations only care about there stock holders and not the consumer. we as concerned employees try to do a quality job withe the cheaper material we are forced to use, and when we try to address these concerns. we are told that, Mexicans and Chineese, maybe need to build our product, and they work alot cheaper to. I personally will not purchase any product that is owned by the people I work for.I fear that this isthe directionof most companys in the U.S
Old 10-18-2006, 07:42 PM
Fork Horn

difficult to compete without a level playing field... it;s not only wages... its regulations and taxes and safety and so on and so forth... if OSHA was world wide... my how things would change...
Old 10-18-2006, 11:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rootsy

difficult to compete without a level playing field... it;s not only wages... its regulations and taxes and safety and so on and so forth... if OSHA was world wide... my how things would change...

Amen!!!
Old 10-19-2006, 06:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

We live in a disposible economy now. Nothing is made to last and it is done purposely. Ever wonder why new cell phones don't last as long as the older ones.

I feel it is the same as what is going on with the auto industry. I just found out that for my 2005 F150, it would require a tool that costs in excess of $2k to remove the fuel line to replace the fuel pump. Either way they are using manufactuing to get us. Hereand over there!

Tom
Old 10-20-2006, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: statjunk

We live in a disposible economy now. Nothing is made to last and it is done purposely. Ever wonder why new cell phones don't last as long as the older ones.

I feel it is the same as what is going on with the auto industry. I just found out that for my 2005 F150, it would require a tool that costs in excess of $2k to remove the fuel line to replace the fuel pump. Either way they are using manufactuing to get us. Hereand over there!

Tom
hey bud I dont know who told you they cost in excess of 2 grand.... whoever did is smokin crack!! the special tool you need is a lock ring wrench Owatonna tool co. part# OTC-6599 they only cost about 60 bucks at any auto parts retailer.

heres a picture of the tool

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.