Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 My scale just died >

My scale just died

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

My scale just died

Old 02-14-2006, 06:08 PM
Typical Buck

Default My scale just died

Well it died in less than 2 years, it was one of those lyman that dispense powder to. Not what I wanted to happen when I developing loads for next season and I needed to load some coyote loads, cause I'm out after a range trip.
Old 02-15-2006, 12:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My scale just died

heres a cheap in a pinch quick fix, get ya a lee powder measure will run usually around 20 bucks. you could get a lee powder scale too but i wouldnt even though they are pretty accurate scales they are a B**** to work with especially if you have fat fingers like me. but for a few bucks more in the 40 dollar range you can get a dillon eliminator beam scale. thats what id do just my 2 cents
Old 02-15-2006, 06:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: HighDesertWolf

heres a cheap in a pinch quick fix, get ya a lee powder measure will run usually around 20 bucks. you could get a lee powder scale too but i wouldnt even though they are pretty accurate scales they are a B**** to work with especially if you have fat fingers like me. but for a few bucks more in the 40 dollar range you can get a dillon eliminator beam scale. thats what id do just my 2 cents
But you have to have a scale to verify the setting of any powder measure........
Old 02-15-2006, 04:55 PM
Typical Buck

Wife said she will buy me a new one when she gets her bonus, now what do I do. Which scale should I get her to buy.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

i had a scale die .something fell off the shelf above it.snapped the balance beem into .called RCBS and asked for a new part .they asked how long had l owned it ? thirty years i said .they said send it in .and they fixed it no charge
Old 02-16-2006, 02:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: eldeguello

ORIGINAL: HighDesertWolf

But you have to have a scale to verify the setting of any powder measure........

ummmm......... DUH!!!! please reread my entire post.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:24 AM
Dominant Buck

[hr]

Lee Powder Measure Kit
Fifteen uniformly graduated and proportioned powder dippers. Slide card shows the grains of powder each measure will dispense of every type of powder.

Powder measures are inherently safe as they cannot get out of adjustment. That's why powder dippers continue to be the first choice of reloaders who load in small quantities.

Lee Powder Measure Kit
$9.98
Old 02-21-2006, 08:42 PM

Just go ahead and bite the bullet, buy a lee scale, use it until your wife gets her bonus. Then replace your good ,more expensive scale, and put your lee up until your next breakdown. You will surely have one cause electronics just have a habit of screwing up. Then and most important, if you got a wife who will spend her money on your hobbies, give her a big hug from me!!!