Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 Velocity VS. Accuracy >

Velocity VS. Accuracy

Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Velocity VS. Accuracy

Old 01-16-2006, 09:36 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: Velocity VS. Accuracy

Yea it ran 12 yards. Like I said, there ain't no reason for you to ask questions. You got it all figured out. Your what we have been waiting for on the reloading page. Your vast knowledge is just unbelieveable.

Old 01-16-2006, 10:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

12 Yards??? It ran 12 yards and some other guy shot and claimed the deer. What do you share your treestand with the other guy, how close do you hunt?. I think your full of crap.

I ask a simple ? and you try and turn the discussion about hunting bullets. I dont know it all thats why I ask questions obviously Im wasting everyone elses time and should just call you.
Old 01-16-2006, 10:13 AM

But it is also true that all rifles are individuals, and what proves to be a maximum load in one may be quite mild in another, and vice-versa!

A load which proves to be maximum in the rifle which was used to develop the loads published in any given manual is just that-maximum in that rifle. This does NOT relieve the handloader from testing worked-up loads in his/her own rifle to ensure that the loads listed as maximum are not OVER MAXIMUM in that person's rifle!! In addition, just because a load is labelled "MAXIMUM" in some manual does NOT mean it is MAX. in yours!!

For example, I have a .30/'06 underbarrel on my Heym O/U combination gun, and a Ruger No. 1 in .30/'06. Both these guns will handle a pretty warm 200-grain load without a hitch. But I cannot shoot this load in my .30/'06 TCR barrel-it will not stand it! Extraction is unacceptable, and primers are extruded into the firing pin hole. So this load is OVER MAX. in the TCR, and under MAX in the other two...... and so it goes!
I couldnt agree more!!! Given that all firearms are individual, it is up to the handloader to determine what is safe in any given firearm. I would highly suggest using the method outlined by Ken Waters in his book "Pet Loads".

Duck,

You may wanna play with your seating depth. I assume your rifle has been accurized? Barrel floated, action bedded, and trigger adjusted? Remember, listed maximun overall length may NOT be what your rifle wants. Most of my rifles like their bullets seated out more than SAAMI suggested overall length. Oddly, my .243 doesnt. It has a smallish chamber. And by the way, I would never setlle for a .243 that shoots more than .75" at 100 yards. It should do much better.
Old 01-16-2006, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

The A-bolts comewith barrel floatedandI purchased a 1-2lb spring form Brownels for it, so it should be good with that.

I think thats a good idea.
Im at 2.183 and COL is at 2.200(I think I remember thatright)so I'm going ot seat it out to max to start. I read so much about feeding probs on the WSSMs that I didnt want to seat it to far out at first. Ive had no probs whatsoever so that may have only been the 223s or just some hogwash. These are just the first handloads I put through it. I shot some 100 Win P.P. factory stuff to breakin and site it in.
Old 01-16-2006, 10:21 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Duckbutter48

12 Yards??? It ran 12 yards and some other guy shot and claimed the deer. What do you share your treestand with the other guy, how close do you hunt?. I think your full of crap.

I ask a simple ? and you try and turn the discussion about hunting bullets. I dont know it all thats why I ask questions obviously Im wasting everyone elses time and should just call you.
No, he was one ridge on his field edge, I was on another. The deer was shot about 5 yards from his property line. I know its hard for you to understand, but I think I can break it down for you. I shot down a hill at 80 yards, and he shot around 60 yards. So I estimate we were 140 yards from each other. Kinda a far cry from in the treestand. I think thats enough info you even you to understand now.

I answered you question. But suggested you find another bullet.You refuted. And earlierbascially come back and tell everyone, you knew what you were doing and didn't need any advise about things like max loadings cause you big expert.

But I know what it is, your just testing us?

Old 01-16-2006, 10:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ok whatever you say. I thanked him for his post concerning max loads and think most people would agree that going over is common knowledge like was previously posted.

I dont understand when you say we and us. Its just you I think is full of crap and just wants to read his own rants and goes off ontangents no one asked about. Everyone else seems pretty helpful. I liked it better when you didnt respond to my posts. I have some other ?'s about loading can I have your phone # so I can call and get all the answers.

Old 01-16-2006, 10:44 AM

I think thats a good idea.
Im at 2.183 and COL is at 2.200(I think I remember that right) so I'm going ot seat it out to max to start. I read so much about feeding probs on the WSSMs that I didnt want to seat it to far out at first. Ive had no probs whatsoever so that may have only been the 223s or just some hogwash. These are just the first handloads I put through it. I shot some 100 Win P.P. factory stuff to breakin and site it in.
I would suggest throwing away the book overall length and finding out what your RIFLE's max overall length is. Generally, I have found most rifles like their bullets seated fairly close to the lands. For instance, my .221 Fireball likes the bullets .05" from the lands. My 30-06 likes the bullets seated at .20" of the lands. If you have feeding problems once you figure out the max overall length for your rifle, you may wish to try a factory crimp die.
Old 01-16-2006, 10:58 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Duckbutter48

I have some other ?'s about loading can I have your phone # so I can call and get all the answers.
Sure, just PM me with your question. I even go to several peoples house to help them get started if need be.

Old 01-16-2006, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome, do you giveinvestment advice as wellor are you only an expert at Reloading. I could really useyour expertise inother aspects of life. I would call my broker at Merill Lynch but what would he know.

Next time I wont waste time calling Nosler and asking them about bullets for deer, what could they know compared to what you have learned. Im going to call them back and tell them they are wrong about their bullets. Maybe I could pass your address to them, Im sure they would want to send you a thank you letter for correcting thier mistakes.

Im done making comments to you and wasting everyone else's time. Funny you tell me Im aknow it all but even when a bullet maker disagrees with your view on bullets you still just dont get it. Maybe its not everyone else thats bullheaded and thinks they know it all.
Old 01-16-2006, 12:53 PM
bigcountry

Well, all that is little wierd. But par for the course. I would say stick with Merrill, but all those guys are crooks anyway IMO.

Hey man, you asked, I just answered. Sorry I hurt your feelings. Don't worry, there there, it will be ok.

Quick Reply: Velocity VS. Accuracy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.