Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 Accubond sucess UPDATE!!!!!!! >

Accubond sucess UPDATE!!!!!!!

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Accubond sucess UPDATE!!!!!!!

Old 11-26-2005, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Accubond sucess UPDATE!!!!!!!

Well guys I finally got to see the Accubond's that I reload put to good use. I pulled the double today! My first (and second) deer taken with my very own reloads!! I was thrilled to say the least. The first was a 130 lb doe quartering away at 80 yrds, entered 2nd to last rib, took out far lung, and a quarter of the heart. (she ran 50 yrds) The bullet lodged in her front shoulder. I skun her out tonite, but the bullet must be in the meat of the shoulder so I will weigh it when I cut it up tommorrow. The second happened about an hour later on another 100 pound doe, this one was about 70 yrds walking away from me, the only shot I had was to find her head and come down a few inches and take the neck shot. This one dropped immediatly and had a hole in her throat that I could have fit both hands in. You guys that reload all know the satisfaction of taking game with your handloads, and now I am onboard.

p.s. I am amazed that on the first one that I didnt get a pass through. I kinda thought it should have went clean through, Im not speaking negativly but I was just surprised of the results.
Old 11-26-2005, 08:39 PM

Default RE: Accubond sucess!!!!

Congratulations on your successful hunt. What caliber and bullet weight?
Old 11-26-2005, 09:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good job mossy, I have taken 3 deer with my 140 gr. Accubond reloads this year with good results. The bullet passed thru on all the deer with some meat lost but never had any gaping holes.
Old 11-27-2005, 02:48 PM
bigcountry

Yea, your report kinda worries me some. I was thinking it should have exited. I was planning on using it on elk.

Old 11-27-2005, 04:10 PM

The one elk I havetaken with an accubond resulted in an exit. 140 grain .270 at about 375 yards - broadside rib shot. Went down real quick.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Roskoe

Congratulations on your successful hunt. What caliber and bullet weight?
dont laugh..........please?????? I know I probably shouldnt have been using it, but I wanted to kill something with it........ok here it goes,

180 Accubond in my ............................300 RUM, there I said it, now go ahead and make fun of me!!!
Old 11-27-2005, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

That’s OK, my brother took his buck with the 180 gr. Accubond in his 338 Win. Mag. Nothing wrong with a little more power. OOPS!!! did I say little more power.
Old 11-27-2005, 09:33 PM

No worse than using a 7 STW as a coyote rifle
Old 11-28-2005, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Roskoe

No worse than using a 7 STW as a coyote rifle
I also shot a groundhog with it this summer while I was testing reloads........couldnt help it, hog popped up and safety went off and boom!! Wasnt much left though.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

ok, well I got finished cutting up my 2 deer, and heres what I found.....After disecting the front shoulder to try and find the bullet I couldnot. SoI did some CSI type stuff and used a wooden dowel to follow the bullets path, low and behold AFTER the Accubond finished breaking through the shoulder socket it made a slight turn and went down and left a pinky sized hole in the hide that I couldnt see when I recovered her. It was so small and the hide almost closed back up around it. There was no blood of any kind surrounding it. In fact it wasnt until I saw my pinky peaking out from the hide until I realized what happened. In conclusion I guess the accubond performed like I thought it would. It did not open very much if any, just penciling the deer, I guess shot placement was key here, concidering I went through the heart, lung, and broke the front leg. I will not use this bullet/gun combination on MD whitetail again, it is definatly NOT designed for 100-150# deer. Iguess we all knew that didnt we? Oh well, had to find out right????

Quick Reply: Accubond sucess UPDATE!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.