Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Religion
Word of the Day, October 29, 2018, Revelation 2:16 >

Word of the Day, October 29, 2018, Revelation 2:16

Religion Discuss how your religious views affect your hunting lifestyle. All religions are welcome to post.

Word of the Day, October 29, 2018, Revelation 2:16

Old 10-29-2018, 03:43 AM
Fork Horn

Default Word of the Day, October 29, 2018, Revelation 2:16

Word of the Day, October 29, 2018

“ Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God Almighty. Who was, and is, and is to come, with all creation I sing: Praise to the King of Kings! You are my everything, and I will adore You.”

Revelation 2:16

16 Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.

Yesterday at my church, my Pastor is preaching a series from Revelation about the seven churches. He was speaking of the Church of Pergamos and John wrote what he was told to tell this church the good and the bad of the church. When He got to the bad, Christ told him to tell them that they needed to repent or else.

A dear friend and brother in Christ preach a message years ago that I have not forgotten. He told us to remember, repent and repeat. Do we know what the first thing we need to do? Recognized what sin is. How do we know this? As Christians, we should know what sin is and strive not to sin as we grow closer to our LORD and Saviour. As we do grow closer, we need to remember what sin is and then repent when we do sin as quickly as we can and because we are not perfect and will sin again, we need to repeat this process again and again as needed. However, our desire should diminish to keep repeating the same sin over and over again or any sin in our lives.

Before I go further, this does not give us a license to sin. We must have the desire to be perfect like Christ. If we sin, we need to give this sin to Christ, seek the Holy Spirit to guide us and not our flesh.

Proverbs 28:13: 13 He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.

Here is a quote from Frank Thompson. “ It is folly to indulge sin, and excuse it. He who covers his sins, shall not have any true peace. He who humbly confesses his sins, with true repentance and faith, shall find mercy from God. The Son of God is our great atonement. Under a deep sense of our guilt and danger, we may claim salvation from that mercy which reigns through righteousness unto eternal life, by Jesus Christ our Lord.”

We all are sinners and we all come short of the glory of GOD. Let me share this; sin destroys, sin is death, sin separates us from GOD and all sin is the same in GOD’s eyes. None of us, no not one of us is perfect or sinless. We need to seek forgiveness as we sin.

1 John 1:8-10 says; 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

I can speak from experience that my life has sin in it. In the past when sin was my pleasure, there was no peace; no true joy and it could only come from remembering or learning what sin is and seeking righteousness first in my life. As I draw nigh to GOD daily, my sin life has decreased, but not perfect yet.

Romans 14:17 states; “ For the kingdom of GOD is not meat and drink; but RIGHTEOUSNESS, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.” Matthew 6:33 share with us; “ But seek ye FIRST the kingdom of GOD, and His RIGHTEOUSNESS; and all these things shall be added unto you.”

With confession come mercies from GOD. With righteousness comes joy and peace in our lives. As believers, we need to remember what sins are, we need to repent to GOD and if needed, to repeat as often as we sin. As those that are not believers, no matter what you have done, there is peace and joy after confession of our sins to GOD and you to can experience the saving grace of Christ Jesus, our Lord and Saviour. Seek Christ’s forgiveness today!

“ Jesus! what a friend for sinners! Jesus! lover of my soul; Friends may fail me, foes assail me, He, my Savior, makes me whole. Hallelujah! what a Savior! Hallelujah! what a friend! Saving, helping, keeping, loving, He is with me to the end.“

Timothy P. Furness