Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Religion
Word of the Day, October 2, 2018, Philippians 2:15 >

Word of the Day, October 2, 2018, Philippians 2:15

Religion Discuss how your religious views affect your hunting lifestyle. All religions are welcome to post.

Word of the Day, October 2, 2018, Philippians 2:15

Old 10-02-2018, 02:19 AM
Fork Horn

Default Word of the Day, October 2, 2018, Philippians 2:15

Word of the Day, October 2, 2018

“ For You are awesome, God of the Nations, Lion of Judah, Rock of the Ages, Alpha, Omega. You're worthy of all praise, more that these hands I'll raise. I'll live a life of praise.”

Philippians 2:15

15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

I would like to break this verse down and I want all of us to really think about ourselves today. I want you to also know that this is being written for myself too. I want us to look into our own mirror to see if we are blameless or harmless. None of us are perfect right? However if we keep using that as our excuse for why we do not try to be better, shame on us. I want to be blameless for Christ.

As believers, we are the sons of GOD, do we live up to that daily or just when we want to? Do we stop and ponder that we are the sons and daughters of GOD. Do we desire to draw night to GOD when it is convenient to call upon GOD or when people are looking? How about when no one sees us and we are alone? Do we have the humility of Christ or are we all about us. Do they name streets after us, One Way?

As members of the church, are we complaining and arguing? Is this what people see when they see our church members or us? They should see Christ in us right? If this is our church, or you and I, then we lack the unifying power of Jesus Christ. As I stated yesterday, we need to be of one accord. We need to strive for perfection in our walk with the Lord and with each other as brothers and sisters in Christ.

I can speak with authority of putting my gods before the Almighty GOD. Everything about waterfowling came before the GOD I calmed to be my Father GOD. One of my past pastors would say look at your checkbook register and see were your god is. The answer is right there in front of you.

Our world is a perverse world and are we in the world, of the world or are we members of Christ’s church? Does our light shine or is it turned off? Are we shinning brightly or are we clouded with our own concerns or the issues we create? Please don’t let our attitude snuff out the light of Christ Jesus. We must shine brightly for GOD. Our role is to shine until Jesus returns and covers the world in His radiant glory.

A dear brother in Christ always asks us men if we are walking in our own flesh or walking with the Holy Spirit that resides within us? Choose to follow the Holy Spirit.

Please think about this today and see how we can be better people of GOD. Do people know that we Love GOD, that we Love People, that we are willing to Serve Others and are we willing to Tell Everyone about Christ and His gift of salvation?

“ O love of God, how rich and pure! How measureless and strong! It shall forevermore endure the saints' and angels' song.”

Timothy P. Furness