Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Religion
Word of the Day, October 1, 2018, Acts 2:46-47 >

Word of the Day, October 1, 2018, Acts 2:46-47

Religion Discuss how your religious views affect your hunting lifestyle. All religions are welcome to post.

Word of the Day, October 1, 2018, Acts 2:46-47

Old 10-01-2018, 03:54 AM
Fork Horn

Default Word of the Day, October 1, 2018, Acts 2:46-47

Word of the Day, October 1, 2018

ď O what a Savior, O hallelujah. His heart was broken on Calvary. His hands were nail scarred. His side was riven. He gave His life-blood for even me.Ē

Acts 2:46-47

46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

How do we as a church praise GOD corporately if we are not in one accord? I would also add personal worship if we donít like something in our church. How does the church add souls if we are not in one accord? (I know GOD is the one that changes lives, but it is hard for Him to use us if we are always in some form of disaccord.)

I will say this with boldness, if your church is within the guidelines of the Word of GOD then stop complaining and start worshipping, start serving and start helping with the adding of lost souls. What part of I am here to worship do we not get? What part of I am here to serve do we not get and what part of I am to be a preacher of Christ in my Judea?

If you do a Google search about hymns, you will find comments about when they first started being written and sung many church members believed that they were wrong and even sinful. Not much has changed in 200 years. Do I love the hymns, YES I DO but I also love Praise and Worship songs of today. There are songs like Great I Am, What a Beautiful Name, Christ Alone, Shout to the Lord, 10,000 Reasons to name just a few. They speak of GODís love and grace, of the cross and the blood of Jesus Christ.

Do things in my church bother me? Am I guilty of letting my flesh getting in the way? Yes I am and I seek GODís forgiveness when I do. However, it does not stop me from worshipping my Lord and Saviour, it does not stop me from serving, loving my brothers and sisters in Christ, praying for lost souls, investing in peopleís lives and inviting people to come and hear the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am neither the greatest nor the perfect man but I want to be striving towards perfection for my Father GOD and men are not going to stop me from worshiping my King. Just saying.

If you do not like what the preacher is saying, then search the scriptures to see what he is saying is right or wrong. Do not base your opinion on your pastor messages, nor based upon how you feel or your own guilt. If you believe in Christ, then we must believe what He said in Matthew 24:35: 35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. I will also add that all of them apply to us, not just some.

I will speak from experience, GOD MUST come first. He must be the first thing we think of in the morning, pondering Him throughout the day and thanking Him at the last moment before we lay down for a night of sleep. Do we have joy in the morning? If not, HE is the only one that can provide that for us. Seek Him. Remember, only GOD can change our minds.

So Iíll finish my rant with this. Praise and Worship GOD sincerely with your heart and not for show. Serve His kingdom for His glory and not yours. Tell your world about Christ so that souls are not lost and not for another notch in your belt of souls saved. Remember this daily: He must increase, but I must decrease.

ď You didn't want heaven without us. So Jesus, You brought heaven down. My sin was great, Your love was greater. What could separate us now. What a wonderful Name it is. What a wonderful Name it is. The Name of Jesus Christ my King.Ē

Timothy P. Furness