Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Religion
Right and Wrong >

Right and Wrong

Religion Discuss how your religious views affect your hunting lifestyle. All religions are welcome to post.

Right and Wrong

Old 12-09-2017, 04:43 AM
Little Doe Peep

Wink Right and Wrong

Zengetsu, a Chinese master of the T’ang dynasty, (618-907) wrote the following advice for his students:

Censure yourself, never another. Do not discuss right and wrong.

Some things, though right, were considered wrong for generations. Since the value of righteousness may be recognized after centuries, there is no need to crave an immediate appreciation.
Old 12-09-2017, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not a contra position (opposite) but a contra position along musical lines (pitched an octave below).

Societies come and go, all evolve to some degree, either from external or internal forces. All are built, grow, (evolve) from our (their) roots.

Many people tend to crave absolutes, some sort of order or stability, it is hereditary, but varies between individuals as to how strong the urge is. But adaptability is a necessary long term survival trait

The only absolutely workable life strategy is the one that got you this far. Any radical or progressive change has an unknown, short or long term, outcome.

The law of unintended consequences; no matter how hard or intelligently you game an outcome ,social experiments, seldom work out as planned.

Great thinkers and leaders of old were far from stupid or irrelevant and the hubris of the present sometimes astounds me. It seems every generation thinks it has all the answers.

When you are in the middle of a mine field, backtracking seems like a viable option.

IMO the only thing you really have to do is avoid killing the roots. The only real test of the truth is if you are here tomorrow to repeat it.