Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Religion
How would you take this if you read it? >

How would you take this if you read it?

Religion Discuss how your religious views affect your hunting lifestyle. All religions are welcome to post.

How would you take this if you read it?

Old 10-22-2017, 05:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default How would you take this if you read it?

Here is a post off of someones time line on face book. How would you take it if you read it is it hate filled?
Are other Christians as upset as me. At how Gods symbol of a promise has been perverted by the LGBTQ. How would the rest of you take this statement. Does it mean the poster hate gays and the likes or how do you think they feel?
Old 10-23-2017, 02:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

It certainly does not ring with Christian love and peace.
Old 10-23-2017, 04:36 AM
Little Doe Peep

Wink

Originally Posted by wild bill g View Post
Here is a post off of someones time line on face book. How would you take it if you read it is it hate filled?
Are other Christians as upset as me. At how Gods symbol of a promise has been perverted by the LGBTQ. How would the rest of you take this statement. Does it mean the poster hate gays and the likes or how do you think they feel?
I don't see anything in your post.
Old 10-23-2017, 06:46 AM
Fork Horn

I just wrote what was posted no link.
Old 10-23-2017, 06:51 AM
Fork Horn

Jenks I thought the poster merely asked if the LGBTQ's use of the Rainbow was upsetting. Many called the poster a hater of of the gay comunity I don't think that was implied at all. Sadly in todays world if you are Christian you are seen as a gay hater.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:10 AM
Super Moderator

I couldn't distinguish between what you're saying and this anonymous poster said so I can't offer an opinion.
Old 10-23-2017, 09:33 AM
Fork Horn

The poster said. Are other Chriastians as upset as me. At how Gods symbol of a promise has been perverted by the LGBTQ.
I gues I should have made a better attempt to clarify what the poster wrote sorry for that.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:32 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks for the clarification. Yes and no. Yes, they are changing the meaning of God's promise in the rainbow. No in that I really try not to pay a lot of attention to LGBT's claims that are often laced with hostility. Most of them aren't so hateful but those are the vast silent majority within that community, kind of like with the rest of the country.
Old 10-25-2017, 04:05 AM
Little Doe Peep

Wink

I think the LGBTQ folks adopted the rainbow because the various colors symbolize, to them, different lifestyles. Christians don't really have a proprietary interest in the rainbow. I am aware of the connection to the flood story in the Bible. But rainbows appear all over the world under the right weather conditions, and are seen by many millions of people who have no knowledge or even awareness of the Bible. When I see a rainbow, I don't think of the flood story, or connect it to any interpretation that it refers to a promise from God.

I think we tend to take the LGBTQ folks too seriously. My religion does not include a list of sins. So the acceptance or non-acceptance of certain behaviors does not result in great social upheaval. Our behavior is supposed to be governed by the rules and standards passed down from our ancestors. Failure to adhere results in strong disapproval from those around us, and more importantly, our ancestors, who we will meet in the afterlife, where we will have to explain our behavior and justify how we have lived our lives..

There is one exception though. Based on our religion, abortion would be a serious wrong and especially offensive to the creator.
Old 10-25-2017, 05:30 PM
Fork Horn

Thank you for sharing that with us Sachico I often wonder how other religions look at the LGBTQ movement. The rainbow was our Gods sign to us that he would never flood the Earth again and still is that symbol.
What a lot of people miss is that the poster asked other Christians if they were upset. Any of the people that answered and most not Christians never did say yes or no. Instead they called the poster a gay hater which to me was not the topic of the post.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.