Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Religion
Word of the Day, September 19, 2017, John 3:3-7 >

Word of the Day, September 19, 2017, John 3:3-7

Religion Discuss how your religious views affect your hunting lifestyle. All religions are welcome to post.

Word of the Day, September 19, 2017, John 3:3-7

Old 09-19-2017, 03:55 AM
Fork Horn

Default Word of the Day, September 19, 2017, John 3:3-7

Word of the Day, September 19, 2017

“ To God be the glory for all He hath done; for life and salvation, the gift of His Son. To God be the glory, rejoice in His name; To God be the glory, Forever proclaim.”

John 3:3-7

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

When GOD tells us something in the Bible, it is important. However when He tells two or three or four times time, we better get it and take action. Jesus answers Nicodemus twice with Ye Must be Born Again.

Charles W Naylor wrote the hymn titled Ye must be Born Again in 1907. I love when the Word of GOD is written into songs and hymns.

“ That heavenly Teacher, in words that are plain, this truth declared to men, if ever they would to His kingdom attain, they must be born again. Ye must be born again, Ye must be born again; His words are true, He speaks to you, Ye must be born again.”

Christ is our heavenly teacher and His words were surly plain to Nicodemus and to us today. Ye must be born again. We will all have an eternal life somewhere, heaven bound or hell bound. It is our choice…

The word must as a verb says to be obliged, should and expressing necessity and used as a noun it is something that should not be overlooked or even missed. Christ says we must be. Remember, the Word of GOD says that every knee will bow before GOD.

“ No mere reformation your sins can erase, you cannot remove their stain; if ever in heaven your soul has a place, Ye must be born again.”

We can do nothing to remove or erase our sins, only Christ our King can. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9.

“ Good works will not answer, no penance will do, morality, too, is vain, for naught will avail but a creature made new, Ye must be born again.”

Ephesians 2:8-9: 8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

We can do nothing of ourselves to gain salvation, good works, no penance; our own level of morality of what we think is right is all in vain. This salvation from Christ is through your accepting Him and your faith in Him and not of us. It is a gift from GOD.

2 Corinthians 5:17: 17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

We become a new creature once we accept the gift of salvation from the Father through Christ Jesus. The old self is dead and all things become new in our life with Christ Jesus.

“ In Adam we lost all our righteous estate, and would we it regain, To Jesus must come and repent ere too late—Ye must be born again.”

Romans 3:10: 10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

Romans 3:23-24: 23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Romans 6:23: 23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

As part of Adam’s race, there is none of us that our righteous, we have all sinned and this sin is the wages of death. However, grace comes from Christ through redemption and the gift of eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Remember, Jesus said it twice to a man that asked the question how can I be born again and Christ answered him, Ye Must be Born Again.

“ Though I was a captive, from sin He did free; in time of affliction my Healer is He. To God be the glory, forever proclaim.”

Timothy P. Furness