Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Religion
Word of the Day, August 29,2017, I Peter 1:3-5 >

Word of the Day, August 29,2017, I Peter 1:3-5

Religion Discuss how your religious views affect your hunting lifestyle. All religions are welcome to post.

Word of the Day, August 29,2017, I Peter 1:3-5

Old 08-29-2017, 04:17 AM
Fork Horn

Default Word of the Day, August 29,2017, I Peter 1:3-5

Word of the Day, August 29, 2017

ď Through every storm my soul will sing Jesus is here. To God be the glory. Christ is enough for me. Christ is enough for me. Everything I need is in You. Everything I need.Ē

1 Peter 1:3-5

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

This Sunday we sang this song, Christ is Enough by Hillsong Worship and as I was singing I took these words in and remembering that Christ saved me from eternal death but at times I canít trust Him for my issues of the day or to remember that He is my security for my day to day life for my family and myself.

Do we put trust in ourselves, other people, the govít to give us a sense of security? Christ tells us that He knows us, our name even the hairs on our heads.

John 10:27-29: 27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Christ says that He will give us eternal life and that no one can pluck us away from our Fatherís hand. We can trust Him no matter if we are in the good times or bad times in our lives and know that He is still with us.

Paul writes to the Roman people this: 38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39.

One of the hardest things is to believe the love of GOD when you are in the pit of life. Paul clearly states that nothing can separate us from GODís love through His son Christ Jesus our Lord and Saviour. No man if you believe, no powers if you believe, no govít if you believe, no depth if you believe, no creature if you believe, nor even angels can separate us if you believe in Him.

Paul shares with the Ephesus church in his letter to them while he was in prison. He tells them to ď grieve not the Holy Spirit of GOD, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.Ē He tells us that we are sealed as believer.

How is that as believers we remember this when things are good and forget GOD in a trial and we question Him, get mad at Him, even disregard Him. We have hope in GOD if we have faith in Him.

Ephesians 1:13: 13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Paul says that after we heard the Gospel and believed on Christ, we are sealed with the Holy Spirit of Promise. Does that get you excited or makes you a mope in you daily life. I see believers walk around with their head down; their attitude is that of someone that does not know the glory of GOD in their life. Before you yell at me, I understand the trials of life, been there and done that. However, we need to give GOD His glory in the pit of life and on the mountaintops of our lives.

We need to remember what David wrote in Psalms 23 and believe it fully: 1 (A Psalm of David.) The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. 3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. 6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

The word surely always gets me. I am told that I can trust in the LORD, that GODís mercy and goodness will follow me all the days of my life as a believer. Surely that should give me joy.

No matter where you are today, know that if you believe upon Christ, He will surely be there for you and if you do not know Christ, seek Him, ask Him into your life and know that you too can have this security that comes from making Him your Lord and Saviour, not just for today but for eternity. My security is not in man, but in Jesus Christ. Turn to Him today.

ď In one moment everything changed who I was got washed away when mercy found me. My Savior's arms were open wide and I felt love for the very first time when mercy found me. When mercy found me.Ē

Timothy P. Furness