Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Religion
Word of the Day, August 21, 2017, John14:6 >

Word of the Day, August 21, 2017, John14:6

Religion Discuss how your religious views affect your hunting lifestyle. All religions are welcome to post.

Word of the Day, August 21, 2017, John14:6

Old 08-21-2017, 04:21 AM
Fork Horn

Default Word of the Day, August 21, 2017, John14:6

Word of the Day, August 21, 2017

“ There's a place where mercy reigns and never dies. There's a place where streams of grace flow deep and wide where all the love I've ever found comes like a flood. Comes flowing down. At the cross, At the cross I surrender my life. I'm in awe of You. I'm in awe of You. Where Your love ran red and my sin washed white. I owe all to You, I owe all to You Jesus.”

John 14:6

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Last week I went to the hospital with one of my Pastors to visit with a man that has been through seven surgeries caused by an accident he recently had. His choices in life have caused him be where he is and has caused him to loose everything that is important to him. My Pastor shared this verse above on a piece of paper to give to this man to ponder and he shared the truth about that Jesus is the only way, not us.

I’ll quote Jesus himself, he said, I am the only way, the only truth, the only life and that no one cometh unto the father, “ BUT BY ME.” Not by a church, the Baptist, the Methodist, the Catholic, Church of Christ, Calvary Chapel, Jehovah Witness, Mormons, Buddhism, Islam, no Pope, no Pastor, no Father, no Priest, no Saint, no human person, no Mary, no Bishop or no Deacon, but ONLY by Christ Jesus that died on the cross for you and me. It is not by works either but by accepting Christ Jesus, the Lamb as your personal Saviour.

He is the ONLY WAY. Not about being nice, loving everybody, not about what we do, coexisting with everyone, how much money we give to the church or that we volunteer for everything at church but only by Christ will we have eternal life.

Acts 4:12 says this, “ NEITHER is there SALVATION in any other: for there is NONE other name under heaven given among men, whereby we MUST BE SAVED.”

“ For the wages of SIN is DEATH, but the GIFT of GOD is ETERNAL life, THROUGH JESUS CHRIST our LORD.” Roman 6:23

For whosoever shall CALL upon the name of the LORD, SHALL be SAVED. Romans 10:13

Ephesians 2:8-9 shares with us, “ For by GRACE are YOU SAVED through FAITH: and that NOT of YOURSELVES; it is the GIFT of GOD: 9, NOT of WORKS, lest any man should BOAST.”

I’ll repeat what Christ told us, one WAY, one TRUTH, one LIFE and ONLY by Christ Jesus, our LORD and Saviour if we choose Him, but you MUST choose Him. We have two choices in where we will spend eternity, Heaven or in Hell.

“ With every breath I breathe I sing a simple melody. But I pray they'll hear more than a song In me, in me. Let them see You In me. Let them hear You when I speak. Let them feel You when I sing. Let them see You.”

Timothy P. Furness