Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Religion
Word of the Day, August 7, 2017, Isaiah 55:7 >

Word of the Day, August 7, 2017, Isaiah 55:7

Religion Discuss how your religious views affect your hunting lifestyle. All religions are welcome to post.

Word of the Day, August 7, 2017, Isaiah 55:7

Old 08-07-2017, 04:22 AM
Fork Horn

Default Word of the Day, August 7, 2017, Isaiah 55:7

Word of the Day, August 7, 2017

“ Marvelous grace of our loving Lord, Grace that exceeds our sin and our guilt! Yonder on Calvary’s mount outpoured, there where the blood of the Lamb was spilled. Grace, grace, God’s grace, Grace that will pardon and cleanse within; Grace, grace, God’s grace, Grace that is greater than all our sin!”

Isaiah 55:7

7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

Each Tuesday Night at Men’s Prayer, we sing a few hymns and our song leader sometimes tells us the history about the song, about the author or something special about the lyrics that most of us may not know about this song we sing often.

Here is a song I recently heard, it was written in 1889 by Barry Warren titled “ The Glorious Invitation ”. Mr. Warren is accredited for writing over 2000 hymns and children’s songs.

“ Heed the glorious invitation, come, Oh, come, oh, come; Now’s the day of full salvation, come, Oh, come, oh, come; Will you come without delay? He will save your soul today, ’Tis the only Bible way; Sinner, come, oh, will you come?

Hear the glorious invitation, come, Oh, come, oh, come; Let it sound in all creation, come, Oh, come, oh, come; Come and join that happy band, For the truth and right to stand, Journey with us to that land; Sinner, come, oh, will you come?

Sound the glorious invitation, come, Oh, come, oh, come; Oh, receive it, every nation, come, Oh, come, oh, come; Will you start the prize to win? He will save your soul from sin, Come today and enter in; Sinner, come, oh, will you come?”

This song is based upon a few verses. The first one from the verse above and also from a few from Matthew as Jesus speaks to us.

Matthew 7:13-14: 13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Matthew 11:28: 28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

The song and the verses speak to coming to know Christ as your personal Saviour. Christ will give you rest, peace, free us from our sin, provide our journey into life eternal, the Word of GOD shows us the only way, by entering the narrow way through Christ Jesus, oh sinner come, oh come and rest only with Jesus Christ.

Matthew 11:28 is one of my favorite verses in the New Testament and some of the sweetest word we could ever hear. It show’s Christ’s willingness to save us, to give us rest, peace to our soul and to free us from our heavy laden or burdens.

This hymn is an invitation to come and to know Jesus Christ. It is to let us know that we can know the truth and we can always come to Christ as a sinner no matter what. What a glorious invitation. RSVP with Christ today!

“ Prepare ye the way of the Lord. Prepare ye the way of the Lord. Oh, the way of the Lord. Make straight paths for His feet. Clear a way in the streets. Prepare your hearts to meet The One who is coming.”

Timothy P. Furness