Community
Predator Hunting Tactics, Strategies and Reference Material Experienced Predator hunters share what works, what you need and how to best use it.

.22 for coyote hunting?

Old 01-25-2016, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not to mention that late Dec through Jan is prime fur season, such that the hides are at their best. Go too early, the coat isn't filled in for prime price, go too late, and the under coat gets loose, let alone the males start doing damage on the necks of the females...

This tends to be the time of year when the "little guns" come out to prevent pelt damage, moreso than any other month of the year.
Old 01-26-2016, 02:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

I agree the state should get rid of the dumb laws since they no longer need to be protected.

Even the one closing the season in the UP during deer season to protect their precious wolves.

Al
Old 11-26-2020, 07:51 AM
Spike

Here in Washington State my regs say that Fox and 'feral cats' are the only game that can be hunted with rimfire.