Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 Hit this Poll:  Should it be legal to shoot ferel cats? >

Hit this Poll: Should it be legal to shoot ferel cats?

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Hit this Poll: Should it be legal to shoot ferel cats?

Old 03-09-2005, 06:23 AM
Fork Horn

Default Hit this Poll: Should it be legal to shoot ferel cats?

Go to MSN and then Click on the Vote URL (in red) and cast your Vote:

Story
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7130397/?GT1=6305

Poll
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7131791/
Old 03-09-2005, 08:34 AM

Default RE: Hit this Poll: Should it be legal to shoot ferel cats?

This was all over the news in Wisconsin the other day. Sounds to me like the dude is a sadist here are the facts about ferel cats.

1) They do not kill millions of birds. Ferel Cats mainly live on insects and rodents.

2) They do no property damage

3) They are domesticated animals.

4) Cats do not wear plackards saying their ferel, alot of pets would get gunned down because this nut job wants to shoot something.
Old 03-09-2005, 08:51 AM
Typical Buck

Are you serious?

I live next to your stereotypical "cat lady". She puts out food every morning for the feral cats in the neighborhood so I get to view their antics first hand.

I've seen on four occasions these cats take out finches on my birdfeeder. They've dragged dead starlings, squirrels, and rabbits into my backyard. These cats have probably never been to the vet in their lives and who knows what kind of diseases and parasites they have. I have a dog who goes outside, but is always in my sight and I have to stop him every day from eating the cat poop. The other neighboors need to inspect their sandbox every day before they let their four-year old play in it, not to mention being woken up in the middle of the night to the sounds of sweet cat love.

They have done no damage to my property per se but I contend that they have lowered the value of my property. If I try to sell my house and any prospective buyer finds out that my backyard is a mini Wild Kingdom, that could affect any sale.

These cats are NOT domestic animals. They are not "of or related to the household or family", nor are they tame. Hogs can be a domesticated animal, even a family pet, but many states, including Wisconsin allow for the shooting of feral hogs.

These cats in my neighborhood are alive for two reasons:

1. It is illegal to discharge a firearm in city limits.
2. It is a felony to dispose of them.
Old 03-09-2005, 08:59 AM

They have done no damage to my property per se but I contend that they have lowered the value of my property.

LOL,

Let me guess... they're hanging around on street corners selling drugs?

These cats are NOT domestic animals.
So you have mountain lions outside or do you have c. felidae, the domestic cat outside?

I will begrudgingly allow a quick and painless death to strays when we declare open season on illegals - they're much worse than any animal.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

Tard obviously by your so called feral cat facts you provided I have to assume you got them from a PETA website.

Here are facts I have observed first hand!

1. I have seen both feral and domestic cats kill birds (particulary quail and any other ground nester), rabbits, squirrels and every rodent (not that that is a bad thing) that exist.

2. The reason feral cats are called feral is because they are no longer domestic!

I kill feral cats every time I see one hunting, I can tell you there is a difference in how a feral cat runs and a domestic cat, domestic cats run in a straight line when frightened, a feral zig zags when it runs, of course the ones that zig and zag do not do it for long![8D]
Old 03-09-2005, 09:16 AM
Typical Buck

LOL,

Let me guess... they're hanging around on street corners selling drugs?
Not everything in the 'burbs is about gangs and drugs. If I had known that this business was going on before I bought the place, I probably would've passed. Do you deny that things like this can have an effect on how desirous a piece of property is?

So you have mountain lions outside or do you have c. felidae, the domestic cat outside?
So what makes an animal wild or domestic? It's scientific classification?

You've convienently ignored every other point I've made and somehow morphed this into a discussion about illegals...again.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:24 AM

If I had known that this business was going on before I bought the place, I probably would've passed.
Call the humane society, they'll live trap them. The solution is easy.

You guys realize that the retard that wants this "law" passed actually wants the equivalent of a hunting license for CATS?

If something like this goes through, hunters are going to look like absolutely raving bufoons --- and rightly so.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:26 AM

tardfarmer - are you high this morning ?

Animal Planet has a show called Most Extreme. My kids love it. Anyway, its a top 10 countdown on different things. One night its was the most extreme killers on the planet. Yep, you guessed it, house cats were #1 - killing frickin machines.

I have no problems shooting every cat i see without a collar. Absolutely NO problems, legal or not.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:29 AM

Yep, you guessed it, house cats were #1 - killing frickin machines.
Right, they are highly effective predators, but this idiot's argument is that they are decimating the bird population -- absolute lie! Check with any animal shelter, they'll confirm my facts that feral cats eat MAINLY bugs and rodents.

I have no problems shooting every cat i see without a collar. Absolutely NO problems, legal or not.
Well, next time i'm in the woods and I see a dog, i'll have to shoot it... I will have to assume it's feral and dogs are much much much more dangerous to humans than a cat.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yep.

Feral cats, dogs, and hogs are all threats to the ecosystem in which they live. The evidence is clear in regard to that.

Around here all pets must be licensed. If the owner doesn't put a tag on, animal control assumes it's feral. Why shouldn't the rest of us do the same? Puts feral cats on the nuisance species list and let people shoot them without a license. It's called land management, my friend.

Quick Reply: Hit this Poll: Should it be legal to shoot ferel cats?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.