Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 Take off the gloves! huntingpolitics.com >

Take off the gloves! huntingpolitics.com

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Take off the gloves! huntingpolitics.com

Old 12-06-2004, 11:41 PM

Default Take off the gloves! huntingpolitics.com

As I venture around the board, on different forums and different threads, there is a lot of angry people complaining about how "hot" it gets in here. Hey, this is politics, you come posting in here you better bring your A game, and a stiff drink doesn't hurt. Folks who have gotten familiar with me know that I may flame you in here, but I'll be the first to congradulate you on your trophy buck in another forum. So I offer the following advice:
1. Politics is not a nice subject, and it shouldn't be. If you can't stand the heat....well you know the rest.
2. Keep the arguments in it's place. Draggin ill feelings to other threads and forums does a dis-service to those posters in that thread and forum.
3. Stop the back and forth fighting, it's boring, it hijacks the thread, and causes your crediblity to be called into question. I'm talking about the same posters always arguing in all different threads, about the same stuff.
4. Learn to disengage. If you constantly feel that a posters post are stupid and not worth reading, just hit the ignore tab. There are a couple of regulars here that quite obviously just like to hear themselves talk, and argue for the sake of getting attention, just ignore them if it bothers you.
5. Name calling. A thread is pretty much shot once the name calling begins. You can question motives, statements, truthfulness, and even intellectual capacity, but once you start name calling, you've lost the battle. Name calling, slurring, and threatening usaully means that the recipiant of such has gained the upperhand.
6. No proof needed. Most people on this board are smart enough to determine what is accurate and what is not. The call for documentation is ridiculas. This is an opinion forum, given freely, and many times unsubstainiated. Elaborate yes, document no.
7. Keep your prospective. You are sitting at a computer talking with people all over the country that you don't even know. Deep down inside, do you really care what any of us thinks? If your so upset you have a problem, shut off your computer. Nothing on this board ever effects my personal and family life in any way.
8. Play fair. Pulling quotes out of context is reconized by all on the board. This is a game for the petty. It's ok to quote, but dishonest to do it out of context.
9. Grow a pair. Don't be afraid to say what you think. Appeasement is a tool of the weak. I disagree with badshotbob at times, but you can always hear the passion in his post, I respect that. We don't have to get along, besides, what's the fun in consensus?
10. Seemed like there should be a ten since there was a nine.

Maybe I'm all wet, I don't know, just my 2 cents. If you disagree, then bring it, I can handle it.
Old 12-08-2004, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Take off the gloves! huntingpolitics.com

Hey Muley!
I want to keep my gloves on! I'd hate to catch a dose of tofu-osis without knowing it. Nice post though. It's unfortunate how much name calling & arguement takes the place of well crafted points in a discussion.
Old 12-08-2004, 08:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

In my years of arguing politics, I have learned the definition of the word bigot.

Bigot- Anyone winning an argument with a liberal.

Insert your own, and this definition applies.

C. Davis
Old 12-08-2004, 10:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

In my years of arguing politics, I have learned the definition of the word bigot.

Bigot- Anyone winning an argument with a liberal.
I think the liberals see it more as:

Bigot - Anyone that would dare argue with a liberal.
Old 12-09-2004, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

What are ya...a friggin' moderator or something?[:-]
Old 12-09-2004, 10:46 AM

The Moderators on this board I've already noticed keeps a tight sensorship on what can be said and cannot be said. I do not know the rhyme nor the reasons behind those sensors as it appears to be haphazard and on a whim of who has the power to edit and who doesn't.
Old 12-09-2004, 11:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

The Moderators on this board I've already noticed keeps a tight sensorship on what can be said and cannot be said. I do not know the rhyme nor the reasons behind those sensors as it appears to be haphazard and on a whim of who has the power to edit and who doesn't.
This board has a long history of being quite lenient. It allows much more than most boards that I visit and I regularly visit about 6 different boards... I post some but its mostly to read and learn.

We are allowed to discuss pretty much anything on this board and speak our minds in the process. We are allowed to make powerful attacks on the ideas of others as long as we dont get too awfully personal in the process, and even then the mods allow a lot of latitude for the heat of the moment.

Recently I visited another board and there was a discussion of the 14 year old student and the 24 year old teacher. A member there said something like, "She can rape me anytime." ...The thread was locked and the member warned. That would never happen here. Instead there would be an interesting discussion of why he felt that way, and a lengthy discussion of what is or is not rape.

Only one member has ever been banned from this board in a way that I questioned and that was The Keeper Of The Conch, aka fng. But I am practically alone in that opinion I guess.

If you think its bad here, you haven't been around much.
Old 12-09-2004, 11:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

What are ya...a friggin' moderator or something?
You Texans are all trouble-makers.[8D]
Old 12-09-2004, 01:51 PM

I was ***** Eye and was banned recently VC1111 from this board. Why ? I do not know. I made a post on the BTK serial killer and next time I launched this web I got big bold letters that my account had been banned. No warning, no email, nothing. I've also watched 2 threads dissolve and dissappear in the last couple of days. I don't care really, I like reading the Bowhunting Forum anyway, just an observation is all.