Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 Oh oh, Kerry playing on wrong green >

Oh oh, Kerry playing on wrong green

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Oh oh, Kerry playing on wrong green

Old 02-12-2004, 10:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Oh oh, Kerry playing on wrong green

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX THU FEB 12, 2004 11:45:28 ET XXXXX

CAMPAIGN DRAMA ROCKS DEMOCRATS: KERRY FIGHTS OFF MEDIA PROBE OF RECENT ALLEGED INFIDELITY, RIVALS PREDICT RUIN

**World Exclusive**
**Must Credit the DRUDGE REPORT**

A frantic behind-the-scenes drama is unfolding around Sen. John Kerry and his quest to lockup the Democratic nomination for president, the DRUDGE REPORT can reveal.

Intrigue surrounds a woman who recently fled the country, reportedly at the prodding of Kerry, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

A serious investigation of the woman and the nature of her relationship with Sen. John Kerry has been underway at TIME magazine, ABC NEWS, the WASHINGTON POST, THE HILL and the ASSOCIATED PRESS, where the woman in question once worked.

MORE

A close friend of the woman first approached a reporter late last year claiming fantastic stories -- stories that now threaten to turn the race for the presidency on its head!

In an off-the-record conversation with a dozen reporters earlier this week, General Wesley Clark plainly stated: "Kerry will implode over an intern issue." [Three reporters in attendance confirm Clark made the startling comments.]

The Kerry commotion is why Howard Dean has turned increasingly aggressive against Kerry in recent days, and is the key reason why Dean reversed his decision not to drop out of the race after Wisconsin, top campaign sources tell the DRUDGE REPORT.
Old 02-12-2004, 10:55 AM

Default RE: Oh oh, Kerry playing on wrong green

Drudge isn't exactly a bastion of journalistic integrity, so I'm taking this with a grain of salt, but if this turns out to be true then Kerry is in for a rough road. I could see Dean and Edwards making a run at the lead during the controversy that's bound to ensue- regardless of the truth of the allegations.

It's a shame that the real issues will be pushed out of the headlines for at least the next few weeks though...
Old 02-12-2004, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Matt, I've found that over the years that I've read the drudge report that he is pretty good about posting facts when it comes to his own byline, but of course this mini article on this doesn't say one way or another what really is going on.

If he is/does cheat on his wife, that is a concern of mine. Well, not really since he wouldn't get my vote anyway, but you get the picture. In other words, how can I trust a man whom his own family can't trust.
Old 02-12-2004, 11:16 AM

Jorgy, I agree that Drudge has had many, many scoops, but with that focus on breaking news comes the occasional goof and less attention to detail than you'd (hopefully) get with a more traditional news source. Drudge could be right on, as he often is, but I'd like to see a bit more info before condemning Kerry.

It's also possible that whatever happened with this woman happened while he was single- after his divorce from Thorne, but before his marriage to Heinz. If it was with an intern, as the Clark quote seems to imply, then it still raises ethics issues, but the infidelity issue depends on the timing.
Old 02-12-2004, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

He's a Democrat, they'll give him another medal and move on.
Old 02-12-2004, 11:33 AM

I don't like Kerry at all. But I hope before this tail gets to far down the road someone comes up with some real proof one way or the other.
I just think it is a waste of time dealing with a person personal life and if true lack of ethics and morals after they are in the last leg of the race. I don't want to be wasting our time on this, there are to many more imortant issues to deal with now.
If this is true he should just step aside, if not roll on and do his best.
Old 02-12-2004, 11:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I saw that on Drudge too. If this was Bush, all 3 networks would be pre-empting all programming to give this wall-to-wall coverage. Look at how they've been spending all this time talking about him being AWOL even though there's no proof whatsoever.

Kerry will probably be given a pass--like klintoon with lewsinsky.
Old 02-12-2004, 01:24 PM

WELL GUYS THE DEMOCRATS DID IT! THEY FOUND ANOTHER SLICK WILLIE WHO CANT KEEP HIS TROUSERS ON. WHATS WITH DEMOCRATS AND THEIR UGLY INTERNS?
Old 02-12-2004, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Kerry messing around with an intern? Imagine that.
Old 02-12-2004, 01:31 PM

It looks like this has actually been around for a while- see this link

If it does appear in Time and other major outlets soon, as the above link claims, this could become a major issue for the Kerry camp. I think the theorizing about the republican conspiracy behind the rumor belongs in the tinfoil hat category, but I suppose anything is possible.

If I was to point the finger at anyone[hold on, let me put my tinfoil hat on] it'd be a democrat, most likely the (Hillary) Clinton camp. If Kerry wins this year, the Hillary can't run until 2012, but if Bush wins, Hillary can run in '08. I'm guessing that with 4 more years to dig the republicans may be in a deep enough hole to allow her a shot at winning.

Quick Reply: Oh oh, Kerry playing on wrong green

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.