Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 For you, VC .......... >

For you, VC ..........

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

For you, VC ..........

Old 02-06-2004, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default For you, VC ..........

http://sportsnetwork.com/default.asp...AEN3039116.htm

St. John's players under investigation for rape
Pittsburgh, PA (Sports Network) - Several members of the St. John's basketball team are under investigation for rape following an incident that occurred early Thursday morning.
Pittsburgh police are investigating an incident which took place in the Westin Convention Center Hotel. The group of St. John's players met the 38-year-old women involved at an adult nightclub in McKees Rocks, according to a release from Commander Maurita Bryant released Thursday afternoon.
The alleged rape came after Pittsburgh dominated St. John's, 71-51, Wednesday night at the Petersen Events Center.
Several players have been questioned and released. No arrests have been made.
02/05 16:42:52 ET

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/Northeast....ap/index.html

PITTSBURGH, Pennsylvania (AP) -- A woman who said she was gang raped by St. John's University basketball players after meeting them at a strip club has been charged with lying about the encounter.
Despite the charges against the woman, school officials expelled the team's second-leading scorer and disciplined four other players; a sixth faces disciplinary action.
One of the players videotaped parts of the incident using his cell phone, and the video cast suspicion on the woman's allegations, police said.

The charges stemmed from an encounter at a hotel after the players attended an adult night club following the team's loss to Pittsburgh on Wednesday night, police said.
Sherri Ann Urbanek-Bach, 38, of New York City, was charged Thursday night with filing fictitious reports, attempted extortion and prostitution, police said.
"Evidence suggests there were demands for money. When the demands were not met, she filed her report," Pittsburgh police Lt. Kevin Kraus said.
Senior Grady Reynolds has been expelled from the school, St. John's officials said. Leading scorer Elijah Ingram, a sophomore at the New York City school, and senior Abraham Keita were banned from the team and face expulsion proceedings. Freshman Lamont Hamilton and senior Mohamed Diakite were suspended from the team pending further investigation, and freshman Tyler Jones faces disciplinary action.
St. John's said it disciplined the players "for violation of team rules and behavior inconsistent with St. John's mission and values." Officials of the Roman Catholic school did not detail the alleged violations of team rules.
The off-court problems compound what has arguably been one of the worst seasons for St. John's (5-14, 0-8 Big East), the fifth-winningest program in college basketball.
The players couldn't be located for comment. A message left at a phone number listed for a Grady Reynolds in Abbeyville, Alabama, the player's hometown, was not returned.

Don't that make you mad ? The careers and lives of 6 young men destroyed by the accusations of one woman and 24 hours elapsed time. The story sounded fishy from the get go VC, a gut feeling you might say, and yet again we see how quickly the system judges people, don't we ? Even after the false accusations were revealed, those young mens lives were forever changed.

THAT aint fair VC, and that is why I'm a cold hearted bastard when it comes to blindly believeing any and everything I see/read/hear
Old 02-06-2004, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: For you, VC ..........

Whatever happened with the other story by the way?
Old 02-06-2004, 04:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

I cannot prove the following but I hold it to be true:

For every story like the one posted above, there are 100 women that are either raped, or coerced into sex or sexual acts...not "allegedly" raped...actually raped.

For every woman that is raped and reports it to the police, there are probably three or four that live in silent shame from that day on...to ashamed or to afraid to go to the police.
Old 02-06-2004, 05:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry stealthycat, but these young mens lives have not been screwed up by the allegations of anybody. They have been screwed up by their own irresponsible behaviour.
The first article states that several were questioned but no arrests had been made. No lives screwed up there. The second article shows that the woman involved had been charged with a crime and the young men involved, disciplined by their school for violations of team rules. We each are responsible for our own actions and must suffer the consequences of decisions we make. These players know the rules and violated them, now they pay for their play.
Old 02-08-2004, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

VC - Your argument before was why in the world question a woman who says she was raped or sexually assaulted ? THIS is why I question things, especially if they don't seem right.

Coastie - Sex with a woman is not a crime. These young men were labeled rapists, lost their spots on the team, possible future NBA careers that would see the $$$ to take care of their loved ones for a long time. These young men spent thousands of hours honing their God given skills to take it to the next level - and the false accusations of one woman destroyed all that for 6 different young men. Again, having sex with a woman is NOT a crime, its very common for college basketball players. While I do agree in personal responsibility, the dicipline action these men saw was to my knowledge in no violation of anything.

I sense lawsuits coming out of this, and partially because the school acted before the truth was known - people like VC and Charlie P who believe the accusers and damn the accused. Sad, very sad, I can only imagine the anger and frustration those guys must be going through. years of hard work gone because a woman lied ......
Old 02-08-2004, 08:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

people like VC and Charlie P who believe the accusers and damn the accused.
When I read a story about a 15 yr old Girl Scout being raped by two adult males in whom her safety was entrusted, I do not start out presuming that:

1. "Something is fishy."
2. "She's probably a slut."
3. "She probably wanted it."

That is the difference between us, Stealthycat.

I have a normal view of rape. You have an abnormal view. For you the exception is the rule.
Old 02-08-2004, 09:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

For you the exception is the rule
no, no, no I always see the possibilty and capability for people to lie VC, and I try to look at situations fairly. I don't think you do that.
Old 02-08-2004, 09:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

no, no, no I always see the possibilty and capability for people to lie VC, and I try to look at situations fairly. I don't think you do that.
And in that comment you cite yet another difference between us.

Most of the people that I've experienced in my life have been honest. Obviously you've had a very different experience.
Old 02-08-2004, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Most of the people that I've experienced in my life have been honest. Obviously you've had a very different experience
Absolutely, 100% ture statement. I wouldn't say "most" but a high percentage of people will lie, steal and screw you whenever they get the opportunity.

I will say that people who bowhunt, especially those who shoot traditional gear, are almost always God fearing, honest, honorable men and women. That is against the normal grain of human behavior IME
Old 02-08-2004, 01:00 PM

St. John's said it disciplined the players "for violation of team rules and behavior inconsistent with St. John's mission and values."
"While I do agree in personal responsibility, the dicipline action these men saw was to my knowledge in no violation of anything." ."

By Gawd!

For once you are RIGHT!

The disciplinary action taken against the offenders was indeed not in violation.
It was a direct result of the "violation of team rules and behavior inconsistent with St. John's mission and values."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.