HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Politics (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/politics-16/)
-   -   Elon Musk's hostile bid to takeover Twitter (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/politics/427873-elon-musks-hostile-bid-takeover-twitter.html)

Alsatian 04-14-2022 08:17 AM

Elon Musk's hostile bid to takeover Twitter

I am not a Twitter user, but I am dismayed that this public communication platform has been turned into a leftist propaganda machine that suppresses alternate views. This is not how a free society is supposed to operate.

Elon Musk has accumulated a significant share of Twitter stock so that he is now the #1 largest single owner of Twitter stock. Just today he has filed legal papers to announce he is making a bid to purchase all shares of Twitter and turn it into a privately owned company. He is offering about 58% over the share price when he started to buy shares earlier this year and 38% over the share price immediately prior to his public announcement that he is buying shares. Shareholders of Twitter ought to be overjoyed by this offer by Musk. It remains to be seen what will happen, but I don't see how Twitter can ward off this takeover bid. It certainly would not be in the interests of the shareholders of Twitter, and isn't the board of Twitter supposed to manage the company in the interests of its shareholders?

This is a big deal. If Musk succeeds, the suppression of conservative voices by Twitter will be over. This is speculation on my part, but it may well be that not only would Twitter be made a platform of free speech . . . with 100% ownership of the company, I would think Musk could expose systematic efforts to suppress free speech to support a partisan agenda that has been done in the past at Twitter (e.g., before Musk succeeds in buying it) by investigating stuff at Twitter. This could implicate Democrat elected officials. This could implicate media figures and media organizations. These implications might not even be illegal and they could still dramatically damage Democrats and media figures if they are demonstrated.

I will be watching this with great interest. Any comments?

Now we need some rich supporter of democracy and freedom of speech to buy Facebook and hold its feet to the free speech fire.

Fieldmouse 04-14-2022 09:53 AM

Iíve been farting around on Twitter a little more now the HNI is on life support. I think itís hilarious to see the meltdown the liberals are having over Elonís move. Sure sounds like he has them in an extremely tight spot.

C. Davis 04-14-2022 10:35 AM

This is pretty cool. Elon Musk is going to turn the "free speech patform" into a platform that allow's free speech.

C. Davis

Ridge Runner 04-14-2022 01:39 PM

Vanguard just bought enough stock to knock Elon back to 2nd in number of shares owned.

C. Davis 04-14-2022 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner (Post 4403395)
Vanguard just bought enough stock to knock Elon back to 2nd in number of shares owned.

I haven't heard anyone call Vanguard's move "hostile."

C. Davis

Fieldmouse 04-14-2022 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner (Post 4403395)

apparently they made this purchase prior to Elonís bid of 54.20. Looks like theyíre chasing the money. In the end, who knows? Their shareholders look to make a pretty penny by agreeing to Musk's offer.

Alsatian 04-14-2022 06:21 PM

There are a lot of implications here. It has been said, by leftists, that if you don't like how tech companies filter free speech, get your own tech company! Well, that is what Musk is trying to do. If the leftist cabal closes ranks to prevent this, it gives the lie to the proposed "just get your own company and doctor communication as you wish." If Musk's initiative is scuttled, that would give further weight to the argument that these big tech companies need to be broken up and regulated. It is a Catch 22 situation for the left and big tech, or so it seems to me.

chazspot 04-15-2022 03:36 PM

They cheered when Bezos took over the Washington Post, but Elon Musk taking over Twitter is a "threat to society"!
The reaction is very telling and indicative of how MSM's losing control of the narrative is at risk.

Fieldmouse 04-16-2022 03:27 AM

Itís because theyíre all racists. When it comes down to it, they canít stand the thought of an African-American owning such a large company.

Fieldmouse 04-16-2022 05:08 PM

An interesting thought when it comes to the so called folks looking to put bidMusk for Twitter. Twitter hasnít been doing well at all stock wise. They have been in the toilet and that lies with the leadership. So anyone who would put up a better offer canít run Twitter the same as they have been run. If they would out bid Musk, they would be wasting their money unless theyíre ready to make change.