Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Military Exercises >

Military Exercises

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Military Exercises

Old 11-07-2021, 01:19 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Oldtimr View Post
Did you see the Navy has named a new ship after a gay guy(Milk) who got tossed for being gay and became a so-called gay rights activist. I guess they got woke, stinking shame, only with a dumbocrat person pretending to be President!!!.
I bet you it's filled with seamen. Get it?
Old 11-07-2021, 01:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by lonestar50 View Post
I bet you it's filled with seamen. Get it?
Nah, only a sick liberal who can't spell would think that was funny.
Old 11-07-2021, 02:06 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Oldtimr View Post
Nah, only a sick liberal who can't spell would think that was funny.
and you say liberals are the ones without a sense of humor.
Old 11-07-2021, 02:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

Actually, I said the exact opposite! You can't even be honest when it is obvious you can't lie your way out of it. Liberalism, the bane of the world!
Old 11-07-2021, 04:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Now you know why I call them mindless minions.
Old 11-07-2021, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by flags View Post
Frankly this doesn't surprise me in the least.

I retired from active duty in 2014 after 25+ years of service. That means I served in the first 5 years of OBozo's regime. During that 5 years I watched the military go from being staffed at the upper levels by warriors to being staffed by political operatives. Someone that was made a one star flag officer in OBozo's first 5 years (and it takes presidential authorization to be a flag officer) would now be wearing three or four stars and would be in the upper echelon of the various branches of the military. I saw it happening when I dropped retirement papers. It was no longer sufficient to just be good at your job, if you wanted to make the upper ranks of both the officer and enlisted components you had to be of a certain political ideology.

I\of course I am certain that the various mindless minions, none of whom were career military personnel, will probably tell me that I didn't see what I saw.
The political upper echelons of the military were already floating to the top of the cesspool in Vietnam. Latter Schwartzkopf managed to thread the needle and still be effective. I worked for a brigadier that was a hard charger much like Schwartzkopf, he lasted about six months in the politically charged atmosphere of the Saigon elites. I knew right then we were going to lose that war.
I watched Powell in action in NATO he was powerful and effective, but he slowly went over to the play-along to get along political faction of the military. More a statesman than a combat general.
I was a nobody but I was intelligent enough to see the big picture in a parochial sort of way and kept my mouth shut and my ears open.