Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Virginia Election >

Virginia Election

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Virginia Election

Old 11-03-2021, 04:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Virginia Election

It looks like a clear and distinct victory for rationality in Virginia's elections yesterday. It appears that irrational school COVID lockdowns were repudiated. It appears that racist CRT indoctrination in schools was repudiated. It appears that woke school administrators who play the "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" strategy in hiding the predictably bad results of implementing foolish woke policy agendas were repudiated. This is a state that Joe Biden won by 10% just eleven months ago.

Some people will view this as a harbinger for a mid-term election shellacking for Democrats. Yes, there is that. But wait, there's more! What I personally hope results from this election is that federal Democrats will back away from their pursuit of the crazy Joe Biden spending bills. Those bills are simply funding a woke social engineering agenda and implementing a European-style social welfare state. These are NOT the policies that Joe Biden advertised to the American people when he ran for election as a moderate. I now think that true moderate Democrats will back away and refuse to be bullied by the hard Left wing leaders of their party.

Another thing that appears to be revealed is that Republicans succeeded in convincing suburban voters to align with them. This is important. If Republicans can run strong with working class and rural voters AND they can run strong with suburban voters, they will prevail. This was how Trump won in 2016; he lost in 2020 because his support among suburban voters flagged -- possibly most particularly losing support of suburban women voters. Mean tweets and all that. Maybe they didn't like his orange hair? Maybe they didn't like the ad hominem attacks alleging he was a womanizer.

Last edited by Alsatian; 11-03-2021 at 04:27 AM.
Old 11-03-2021, 04:34 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Alsatian View Post
It looks like a clear and distinct victory for rationality in Virginia's elections yesterday. It appears that irrational school COVID lockdowns were repudiated. It appears that racist CRT indoctrination in schools was repudiated. It appears that woke school administrators who play the "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" strategy in hiding the predictably bad results of implementing foolish woke policy agendas were repudiated. This is a state that Joe Biden won by 10% just eleven months ago.

Some people will view this as a harbinger for a mid-term election shellacking for Democrats. Yes, there is that. But wait, there's more! What I personally hope results from this election is that federal Democrats will back away from their pursuit of the crazy Joe Biden spending bills. Those bills are simply funding a woke social engineering agenda and implementing a European-style social welfare state. These are NOT the policies that Joe Biden advertised to the American people when he ran for election as a moderate. I now think that true moderate Democrats will back away and refuse to be bullied by the hard Left wing leaders of their party.

Another thing that appears to be revealed is that Republicans succeeded in convincing suburban voters to align with them. This is important. If Republicans can run strong with working class and rural voters AND they can run strong with suburban voters, they will prevail. This was how Trump won in 2016; he lost in 2020 because his support among suburban voters flagged -- possibly most particularly losing support of suburban women voters. Mean tweets and all that. Maybe they didn't like his orange hair? Maybe they didn't like the ad hominem attacks alleging he was a womanizer.
or maybe all the rampant fraud that has been discovered across the states (including the most populated county in VA) is why trump lost. Just a thought.

Thr meltdown is epic and welcomed this Wednesday morning.
Old 11-03-2021, 04:47 AM
Dominant Buck

Brought to you by the Party of Slavery Democrats.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/1...n-rally-watch/
Old 11-03-2021, 05:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
Brought to you by the Party of Slavery Democrats.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/1...n-rally-watch/
I was just thinking how Democrats have to resort to deception to get elected and to get legislation passed. Joe Biden ran as a moderate, knowing full well he would push an ultra leftist agenda. Why did he do this? Because America is NOT on-board with an ultra leftist agenda -- the general will is NOT on-board with an ultra leftist agenda. Obama ran as a moderate, knowing full well he would push a leftist agenda. Why did he do this? Because America is NOT on-board with a leftist agenda. The Obamacare legislation was proclaimed to be one thing but was entirely another thing. Again, the initiators of Obamacare knew this and knew they could not represent their legislation truthfully -- as was articulately stated by one of the architects of Obamacare caught on camera. Why do they do these things? Because they know if they are truthful they can't win.

This is a bit sideways, but still seems related. What Fieldmouse linked to above is a Democrat apparatchik wearing a confederate flag patch at a Republican rally . . . for the express purpose of casting the Republicans as racists. If the Republicans are racists, what is the need to stage pseudo-events with Democrat goons enacting the bad behavior they wish to attribute to Republicans? Just go find these supposed bad Republicans and film THEM doing the bad stuff! But that doesn't work, because it is largely a myth. I think of the James O'Keefe videos for Project Veritas. In that case, rather than staging false events, Project Veritas lets the leftists themselves speak in their own voices in unguarded moments. So that is NOT falsified. What is falsified is what these same leftists say -- or DON'T say, in the instance of the Planned Parenthood leader -- in public. They pretend like there is a big, plausible Russian scandal linked to Trump, while at the same time it is represented by a high ranking Democrat in 2017 as "a big nuthin burger." This is not the usual game of politics. This is a systematic hiding of intentions and purposes. And the motive is that their true intentions and their true purposes are totally unacceptable to Americans.

What can be taken away from this common pattern of Democrat politician behavior? First, people should be prudent enough to see through the lies and not vote for them. Maybe someone should be playing that song by the Who "Meet the New Boss, Same as the Old Boss!" I would change it to "Meet the new Democrat, same as the old Democrat!" Second, Democrats are systematically anti-democratic. Democracy is supposed to be the rule of the people -- the people decide what shall be done. This basic principle is traduced when Democrats -- at such a massive scale -- misrepresent their intentions and act entirely against what they campaigned on. Democrats -- ironically -- are anti-democratic.

I would include the news media in my condemnation as anti-democratic. The news media, by NOT calling out Democrats on these things, is enabling and promoting this deception by Democrats. The news media, therefore, is radically anti-democratic. The news media piously calls out the sacred role of the news in informing the public whereby to make free democratic politics possible . . . while in fact doing the exact opposite. It is contemptible. This wasn't how things used to be. As recently as the 1960s the news media played it pretty straight. These are factors that are seriously killing our democracy.

If your ideas have merit and value, speak them forth plainly and don't hide your plans and policies. But their plans and policies can't win them elections, so they hide them.

Last edited by Alsatian; 11-03-2021 at 07:04 AM.
Old 11-03-2021, 05:33 AM
Dominant Buck

Here is a little tidbit of information. The Party of Slavery Democrats won the white majority counties in VA last night. Thatís what was discussed on the morning show today.
Old 11-03-2021, 06:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

This will cause all the mindless minions to lose their minds. This is the beginning of the end for the LIB agenda.
Old 11-03-2021, 07:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have looked at a smattering of articles by the mainstream media on the Virginia debacle. They don't get it. They don't accurately link the result with the cause. They talk about the Democrat voters not being energetic, they are lazy. I don't think that is what it is about, MSM! These voters saw the crap that radical Leftist politicians were enacting . . . and they repudiated it, they voted AGAINST THAT! The Jedi Mind trick that Democrat politicians can mouth their narrative and interpretation of reality to voters and voters will simply buy it whole hog didn't work. Somehow it turns out when the stakes are their own children's education, their own children's brainwashing . . . they are not on-board with the Left crazy talk.

I should not have been surprised at this denial on the part of mainstream media. I predict this denial will be widespread. I predict that some shrewd Democrat politicians will see this event and interpret it correctly and rebel from the suicidal policies their leadership are supporting and not vote for these policies -- which is good for the country. I also predict that many Democrat politicians will NOT interpret this event correctly, will take the false interpretation provided to them by their mainstream enablers in their bubble isolated from reality, and these Democrat politicians will NOT change course. These guys will be -- in many cases -- ease prey to competent Republican election opponents, particularly in the house. For some reason it seems that voters are more stuck on their senators, no matter how badly they perform, no matter how foolish the policies they support.
Old 11-03-2021, 07:29 AM
Fork Horn

Here is an interesting take from another forum I frequent. Curious to hear what you guys think of this.

It was a good night for Republicans for sure. It portends good things for Republicans in the mid-terms, and Democrats have a lot to do if they want to right the ship. I've been a pretty big cheerleader for Youngkin's "keep Trump at the margins" strategy, as well as being encouraged by the success he had running as just a normal Republican.

However, Youngkin did not face a primary, he was selected by convention and ranked choice voting. The truth is, had he faced a primary, he likely would have finished fourth or fifth. The Republican nominee would have lost by 7-8 points, and would be yelling about antifa and Soros with The Pillow Guy by his/her side right now, and 99% of us wouldn't even know the name Glenn Youngkin.

The Republicans have the template now for competitive races. Youngkin drove the vote out BIG for Republicans all over the state, and out performed Trump in even the Trumpiest counties. But it's going to be extremely difficult to duplicate anywhere there's a primary, where even if only 25% of the vote are Trump devotees, it will easily swing the primary. Primary candidates will have to slurp Trump's nuts in a way that Youngkin didn't have to.

The Republicans are looking at a winning formula that they're totally unable to take advantage of. I'm not sure there's any way over that dilemma.

In a perfect world, last night should be a good night for those longing for a post-Trump politics. The Republican that kept Trump at arms length upset the Democrat who centered Trump in his campaign. If proper lessons were learned, it would be a big step toward getting beyond Trump. But I'm not sure it will mean as much as it should.
Old 11-03-2021, 07:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

Interestingly, I have never heard one single Biden voter provide a sane and rational argument based on policy to vote for Biden or to vote against Trump. None have thought more deeply than "Joy and Whoopi told me orange man bad" or "I didn't like his tweets." They believed the false narrative about Trump/Russia. They fell for the racist-this/racist that nonsense. They didn't get facts, because of a complicit leftist media propaganda machine, about Biden's China/Ukraine pay to play schemes. Quite obvious to me, that Biden voters were either too stupid or too lazy to look into policy reasons upon which to base their vote. Hopefully, the Virginia elections, turning the state from blue to red, are a portent of things to come nationwide. It would be nice to have folks in charge who have rational policies.
Old 11-03-2021, 09:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by lonestar50 View Post
Here is an interesting take from another forum I frequent. Curious to hear what you guys think of this.

It was a good night for Republicans for sure. It portends good things for Republicans in the mid-terms, and Democrats have a lot to do if they want to right the ship. I've been a pretty big cheerleader for Youngkin's "keep Trump at the margins" strategy, as well as being encouraged by the success he had running as just a normal Republican.

However, Youngkin did not face a primary, he was selected by convention and ranked choice voting. The truth is, had he faced a primary, he likely would have finished fourth or fifth. The Republican nominee would have lost by 7-8 points, and would be yelling about antifa and Soros with The Pillow Guy by his/her side right now, and 99% of us wouldn't even know the name Glenn Youngkin.

The Republicans have the template now for competitive races. Youngkin drove the vote out BIG for Republicans all over the state, and out performed Trump in even the Trumpiest counties. But it's going to be extremely difficult to duplicate anywhere there's a primary, where even if only 25% of the vote are Trump devotees, it will easily swing the primary. Primary candidates will have to slurp Trump's nuts in a way that Youngkin didn't have to.

The Republicans are looking at a winning formula that they're totally unable to take advantage of. I'm not sure there's any way over that dilemma.

In a perfect world, last night should be a good night for those longing for a post-Trump politics. The Republican that kept Trump at arms length upset the Democrat who centered Trump in his campaign. If proper lessons were learned, it would be a big step toward getting beyond Trump. But I'm not sure it will mean as much as it should.
I'm not persuaded by that analysis. So the Republican electorate -- when offered a range of candidates -- will inevitably choose the most Trump-like among that range of candidates? That is a conclusionary statement without any supporting argument or evidence. The Democrats will lose if their candidate embraces and owns up to supporting the Leftist woke bromides: America is systemically racist, we need to push CRT in schools, we need to practice anti-racism (as defined by the Left .. . . not what you MIGHT think that expression means . . . what it REALLY means is racism directed against whites), we need to shut down the pipelines, we need to be carbon neutral when there is no carbon neutral technology in sight, let alone no carbon neutral technology that will not severely undermine our standard of living -- and the living standard of the least among us being harmed the most, we need to increase our deficit spending by 500%, we need open borders. None of that is going to win democrats a majority in either house.

Having said that, yes, Republicans should focus on what really matters and what most distinguishes them from the bad policy of Democrats (listed above).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.