Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Changing stance on vaccines >

Changing stance on vaccines

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Changing stance on vaccines

Old 07-23-2021, 03:54 AM
Fork Horn

Default Changing stance on vaccines

Funny how a trip to the ICU can do that to you

Conservative radio talk show host Phil Valentine has been hospitalized with COVID-19, according to his brother.

“He is in the hospital in the critical care unit breathing with assistance but is NOT on a ventilator,” Mark Valentine said in a statement posted to Facebook on Thursday.

“Phil would like for his listeners to know that while he has never been an ‘anti-vaxer’ he regrets not being more vehemently ‘Pro-Vaccine’, and looks forward to being able to more vigorously advocate that position as soon as he is back on the air, which we all hope will be soon,” he wrote.

Here’s the full statement:
Phil contracted the Covid virus a little over a week ago & has since been hospitalized & is in very serious condition, suffering from Covid Pneumonia and the attendant side effects. He is in the hospital in the critical care unit breathing with assistance but is NOT on a ventilator. We’d ask that everyone please refrain from contacting him while he is in the hospital. Phil would like for his listeners to know that while he has never been an “anti-vaxer” he regrets not being more vehemently ‘Pro-Vaccine’, and looks forward to being able to more vigorously advocate that position as soon as he is back on the air, which we all hope will be soon. Phil & his family would like for all of you to know that he loves ya’ll and appreciates your concern, thoughts & prayers more than you will ever know. Please continue to pray for his recovery and PLEASE GO GET VACCINATED!”
Old 07-23-2021, 04:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Speaking only for myself, my stance will never change. If you want the shot, have at it. I'll pass. Class dismissed.
Old 07-23-2021, 05:33 AM
Dominant Buck

No thanks. Not in the high risk category.
Old 07-23-2021, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

60% of the people dying from covid are fully vaxxed. look it up! its not a vaccine, its experimental gene therapy, its not approved by anyone, they use it under EAU, take ivermectin, HDQ, there are treatments that are safe and proven, the government is bull$hitting you. look it up, if your too stupid to research it its your own fault. you have a choice, listen to front line Dr.s or listen to Fauci and his henchmen.Fauci will go down for his lies, that is a fact!
Old 07-23-2021, 06:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by flags View Post
Speaking only for myself, my stance will never change. If you want the shot, have at it. I'll pass. Class dismissed.
Exactly...

Having witnessed my own sister get seriously ill (not just a basic cold, run down, etc... I'm talking SICK - SICK AS A DOG!! )
I'll gladly pass. No way, Jose, do I ever want that experimental lab rat type of vaccine!!
Old 07-24-2021, 02:15 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner View Post
60% of the people dying from covid are fully vaxxed. look it up! its not a vaccine, its experimental gene therapy, its not approved by anyone, they use it under EAU, take ivermectin, HDQ, there are treatments that are safe and proven, the government is bull$hitting you. look it up, if your too stupid to research it its your own fault. you have a choice, listen to front line Dr.s or listen to Fauci and his henchmen.Fauci will go down for his lies, that is a fact!
This is part of the BS we’ve had since the beginning. It’s like panning for gold to find the real information out there on the Wuhan Red Death and it’s continuing to go on with these vaccines.
what do you expect when you’re own government pencil necks funded the research so that the commie bastards of China can release a bio weapon on the world? Fauci needs to be held accountable along with several other pencil necks in our government. China needs to be held accountable and pay the world reparations now. Unfortunately, China joe is on the take currently with China so we know that won’t happen. It’s going to get a lot uglier and China knows it. It’s why they have begun threatening nuclear war with other nations from first strike. Let that sink in.
Old 07-24-2021, 07:35 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner View Post
It has been looked up and the above is quite simply not true, possibly the result of one getting their news from a blog instead of the actual source of "data."

Fact Check-England’s COVID-19 death statistics do not suggest vaccines aren’t working

Fact Check-Claim that vaccinated people are six times more likely to die from the Delta variant than those who are unvaccinated is misleading

Pushing these kinds of lies is killing people. In the US, more than 99 percent of the people who died from COVID-19 in June were not vaccinated. Look it up.

It is telling that most anti-vaxxer claims are now based on statistics from Europe, where the percentage of those vaccinated is much higher than here in the States. When you have a vaccine that is not 100% effective and most people are vaccinated, obviously most of the new cases (and, yes, deaths) are going to be among the vaccinated. It's basic math.
But that does not remotely mean the vaccines are not saving lives.
Old 07-24-2021, 08:01 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by hubby11 View Post
It has been looked up and the above is quite simply not true, possibly the result of one getting their news from a blog instead of the actual source of "data."

Fact Check-England’s COVID-19 death statistics do not suggest vaccines aren’t working

Fact Check-Claim that vaccinated people are six times more likely to die from the Delta variant than those who are unvaccinated is misleading

Pushing these kinds of lies is killing people. In the US, more than 99 percent of the people who died from COVID-19 in June were not vaccinated. Look it up.

It is telling that most anti-vaxxer claims are now based on statistics from Europe, where the percentage of those vaccinated is much higher than here in the States. When you have a vaccine that is not 100% effective and most people are vaccinated, obviously most of the new cases (and, yes, deaths) are going to be among the vaccinated. It's basic math.
But that does not remotely mean the vaccines are not saving lives.
wouldn’t trust fact checking from Reuters if my life depended on it. It is a fact in Britain that 40% of the hospitalizations are those who have been fully vaccinated. That came directly from the head medical idiot. NJ has had 49 fully vaccinated people die from Wuhan Red Death.

if the vaccines work, why aren’t they working?
Old 07-24-2021, 04:10 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
wouldn’t trust fact checking from Reuters if my life depended on it. It is a fact in Britain that 40% of the hospitalizations are those who have been fully vaccinated. That came directly from the head medical idiot. NJ has had 49 fully vaccinated people die from Wuhan Red Death.

if the vaccines work, why aren’t they working?
Perhaps FM did not read the last paragraph of my previous post. It's basic math. Let's say you have a really smart population that is 100% vaccinated (two stabs), and the vaccine is 85% effective against exposure to COVID. So out of 1000 people that are exposed, about 150 people will still get the virus. And 100% of those infected had been vaccinated! But that does not mean one should not get vaccinated because, remember, 850 of the 1000 that were exposed did not get the virus.

Of course there are many other factors - age, lifestyle, whether one has already gotten the virus and so forth - that will effect the level of protection. But also remember this; even if a vaccinated person gets the virus he or she is still far less likely to need treatment or hospitalization. because the vaccines also decrease the severity of the symptoms.

There actually is some pretty good data out there for those that don't mind a bit of reading.

How well do COVID vaccines work in the real world?The most recent report from England found a single dose of the AstraZeneca or Pfizer vaccines provides only modest protection (30-40%) against infection with the Delta variant. Full vaccination with two doses of Pfizer offers greater protection (88%) than two doses of AstraZeneca (67%).

However, the same report found full vaccination with either vaccine provides more than 90% protection against hospitalization from COVID-19.

Six months of COVID vaccines: what 1.7 billion doses have taught scientists

I think anyone that takes the trouble to read the two sources above will learn something. It's not all sunshine and roses. For example, the durability of the antibodies generated by the various vaccines may not be a good as hoped, meaning yes, a booster may be needed after more data is obtained and analyzed. But I have yet to find a valid source that can refute the fact that the benefits of getting vaccinated far outweigh the disadvantages.

Last edited by hubby11; 07-24-2021 at 07:26 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 07-24-2021, 05:21 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by hubby11 View Post
Perhaps FM did not read the last paragraph of my previous post. It's basic math. Let's say you have a really smart population that is 100% vaccinated (two stabs), and the vaccine is 85% effective against exposure to COVID. So out of 1000 people that are exposed, about 150 people will still get the virus. And 100% of those infected had been vaccinated! But that does not mean it one should not get vaccinated because, remember, 850 of the 1000 that were exposed did not get the virus.

Of course there are many other factors - age, lifestyle, whether one has already gotten the virus and so forth - that will effect the level of protection. But also remember this; even if a vaccinated person gets the virus he or she is still far less likely to need treatment or hospitalization. because the vaccines also decrease the severity of the symptoms.

There actually is some pretty good data out there for those that don't mind a bit of reading.

How well do COVID vaccines work in the real world?The most recent report from England found a single dose of the AstraZeneca or Pfizer vaccines provides only modest protection (30-40%) against infection with the Delta variant. Full vaccination with two doses of Pfizer offers greater protection (88%) than two doses of AstraZeneca (67%).

However, the same report found full vaccination with either vaccine provides more than 90% protection against hospitalization from COVID-19.

Six months of COVID vaccines: what 1.7 billion doses have taught scientists

I think anyone that takes the trouble to read the two sources above will learn something. It's not all sunshine and roses. For example, the durability of the antibodies generated by the various vaccines may not be a good as hoped, meaning yes, a booster may be needed after more data is obtained and analyzed. But I have yet to find a valid source that can refute the fact that the benefits of getting vaccinated far outweigh the disadvantages.
perhaps math escapes you. We have 350 million people now in the USA by some estimates. The majority haven’t got the Wuhan Red Death. Then we can look at the ones who did get the Wuhan Red Death. The overwhelming majority of them had little to no symptoms when it was the first wave. Now we have this so called delta variant of the Wuhan Red Death. Guess what? The death rate is less than a tenth at best of the original wave of the Wuhan Red Death. Btw, so are the symptoms from the delta variant of the Wuhan Red Death. So why risk the vaccines when we already know the government is controlling the narrative when it comes to both effectiveness and the causes of death due to the shot.

The China Joe Administration were the worst when it came to disinformation while the election was going on. Now they are the worst when it comes to providing the real facts so we the people can make an informed decision before getting a shot. Look no further than their insistence on keeping the super spreader event of the fully vaccinated Democrats fleeing their paid duty to make a political statement secret on the spread.

Defend that event!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.