HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Politics (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/politics-16/)
-   -   One Fish, Two Fish, Everything Is Racist Fish: Joe Biden Cancels Dr. Seuss (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/politics/425171-one-fish-two-fish-everything-racist-fish-joe-biden-cancels-dr-seuss.html)

Knightia 03-02-2021 02:36 PM

One Fish, Two Fish, Everything Is Racist Fish: Joe Biden Cancels Dr. Seuss

One Fish, Two Fish, Everything Is Racist Fish: Joe Biden Cancels Dr. Seuss

We reported earlier how that cancel culture seems to finally have come for Dr. Seuss.

The estate of Dr. Seuss is now halting the publication of six of his books because of allegedly racist imagery
https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2021...-seuss-n335749

Those sneechs on thebeachs/star bellies-greeneggs1hmmm:cool15:- i remember chia pet o bama was deemed racist- lol

Knightia 03-02-2021 03:39 PM

Why Is McElligot’s Pool On The List Of Seuss Books Being Taken Out Of Print? (Update)

As Ed pointed out this morning, the company that owns Dr. Seuss’s books decided sometime last year that it would allow six of the books to go out of print. “These books portray people in ways that are hurtful and wrong,” the company told the Associated Press. One of the six books on the list is one that I used to read to my daughter. McElligot’s Pool is not a Seuss book that everyone remembers but it’s basically a charming story about a child’s imagination.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eskimo fish with fur from hudson bay eh- is the bad fish so'they say"

https://hotair.com/archives/john-s-2...s-taken-print/

lonestar50 03-02-2021 03:54 PM

Not sure what Joe Biden has to do with this. It was the estate of Dr Seuss who made the decision to stop the publishing.

Knightia 03-02-2021 04:20 PM

Dont know i was just skimming the story-

i was looking for the bad fish) strangley enough it was national news worthy on abc/cbs-:eek2:- but i guess the drs story areually included in this program etcc- on marcch 2 no comment from thhe prez i guess- but he woudnt ok racist storys would he?

“March 2 is also the birthday of one of America’s revered wordsmiths. Theodor Seuss Geisel — or Dr. Seuss — used his incredible talent to instill in his most impressionable readers universal values we all hold dear,” read Barack Obama’s proclamation in 2016. “Through a prolific collection of stories, he made children see that reading is fun, and in the process, he emphasized respect for all; pushed us to accept ourselves for who we are; challenged preconceived notions and encouraged trying new things; and by example, taught us that we are limited by nothing but the range of our aspirations and the vibrancy of our imaginations.”

“In classrooms, libraries, and homes around our country, literature provides children with the inspiration to learn and grow,” read President Trump’s proclamation in 2020. “On this Read Across America Day, we recall the motivational words of Dr. Seuss—an American icon of literature—and impart his wisdom on our Nation’s young people: ‘You’re off to Great Places! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, so…get on your way!’”
But Seuss was completely canceled by Biden, who broke with tradition and removed all mention of Seuss from his comments about the event. His remarks only noted that “for many Americans, the path to literacy begins with story time in their school classroom.” By comparison to the Obama and Trump remarks, Biden’s comments held no inspiration and no attraction at all for any children that might be listening, sort of missing out on the whole point of the event, in addition to canceling Dr. Seuss. The proclamation does however ironically note that reading “reduces the chance of developing cognitive disorders such as Alzheimer’s.” I’m sure that will be inspirational to the children.
But Seuss was completely canceled by Biden, who broke with tradition and removed all mention of Seuss from his comments about the event. His remarks only noted that “for many Americans, the path to literacy begins with story time in their school classroom.” By comparison to the Obama and Trump remarks, Biden’s comments held no inspiration and no attraction at all for any children that might be listening, sort of missing out on the whole point of the event, in addition to canceling Dr. Seuss. The proclamation does however ironically note that reading “reduces the chance of developing cognitive disorders such as Alzheimer’s.” I’m sure that will be inspirational to the children.

Knightia 03-02-2021 04:23 PM

but yes maybe it just slipped his mind etc

Knightia 03-02-2021 04:42 PM

I dont like these small laptop screens /keys contrapions im on now much( but i can use my tv- maybe that circcle back women with the red hair will know why it wasnt included /mentioned

ipscshooter 03-03-2021 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by Knightia (Post 4388865)
but yes maybe it just slipped his mind etc

That happens a lot with senile Joe. In Texas the other day, he thanked "Shirley Jackson Lee" (I'm sure CongressWOMAN Sheila Jackson Lee was pissed), and asked aloud "What am I doing here?" See video in link. Dude is either drunk or mentally disabled.

https://ktrh.iheart.com/featured/mic...-i-doing-here/

ipscshooter 03-03-2021 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by lonestar50 (Post 4388863)
Not sure what Joe Biden has to do with this. It was the estate of Dr Seuss who made the decision to stop the publishing.

Decision was made based on the leftists' "cancel culture." EVERY participant in cancel culture is a pathetic loser/moron. Biden participated by way of his little "speech" cited above. Funny that Obama didn't seem to think Dr. Seuss was some big old racist...

Knightia 03-03-2021 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by ipscshooter (Post 4388886)
That happens a lot with senile Joe. In Texas the other day, he thanked "Shirley Jackson Lee" (I'm sure CongressWOMAN Sheila Jackson Lee was pissed), and asked aloud "What am I doing here?" See video in link. Dude is either drunk or mentally disabled.

https://ktrh.iheart.com/featured/mic...-i-doing-here/

lol I think both maybe + some other issues( 1/2 a brain biden was never right in the head....

I like loons( look good & make nice sounds) so i hope i didnt insult any- Lunatic leftists- thats another story

hubby11 03-03-2021 01:51 PM

Sigh. I just read an article on this and thought, "I bet some goofball is going to post this make-believe outrage on HNI." I should get a medal.

Facts (they are important):

1. The National Education Association (NEA), the group that initially decided to celebrate "Read Across America Day" on Theodore Geisel's birthday, made a conscious decision to de-emphasize Dr Suess in favor of lesser-known, often minority authors. They apparently did this because Dr. Suess' estate still sells millions of books a year and likely also because of his allegedly problematic depiction of Jews, blacks and Asians. They made this decision in 2017.

2. The executors of the literary estate of Dr. Seuss announced that they would allow six Seuss books ("And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street," "If I Ran the Zoo," "McElligot's Pool," "On Beyond Zebra!," "Scrambled Eggs Super!" and "The Cat's Quizzer") to fall out of print due to potentially offensive imagery contained within the volumes.

3. Dr. Seuss was well known as a bed-wetting liberal. His books, Marven K Mooney, Will You Please Go Now? (Watergate), The Lorax (environmentalism) and The Sneeches (civil rights/anti-McCarthyism) are all well known allegories for his liberal leanings. Had he lived to see #45, you can bet he would have made another best seller.

Whether the decisions of the NEA or the estate of Dr. Seuss are right in their decisions, I don't know. As an old white guy who loves all those books, any bias/inappropriate depictions flew over my head. But what the he!!, let's blame Biden. Because, you know, it must be his fault.

Fieldmouse 03-03-2021 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by hubby11 (Post 4388913)
Sigh. I just read an article on this and thought, "I bet some goofball is going to post this make-believe outrage on HNI." I should get a medal.

1. The National Education Association (NEA), the group that initially decided to celebrate "Read Across America Day" on Theodore Geisel's birthday, made a conscious decision to de-emphasize Dr Suess in favor of lesser-known, often minority authors. They apparently did this because Dr. Suess' estate still sells millions of books a year and likely also because of his allegedly problematic depiction of Jews, blacks and Asians. They made this decision in 2017.

2. The executors of the literary estate of Dr. Seuss announced that they would allow six Seuss books ("And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street," "If I Ran the Zoo," "McElligot's Pool," "On Beyond Zebra!," "Scrambled Eggs Super!" and "The Cat's Quizzer") to fall out of print due to potentially offensive imagery contained within the volumes.

3. Dr. Seuss was well known as a bed-wetting liberal. His books, Marven K Mooney, Will You Please Go Now? (Watergate), The Lorax (environmentalism) and The Sneeches (civil rights/anti-McCarthyism) are all well known allegories for his liberal leanings. Had he lived to see #45, you can bet he would have made another best seller.

Whether the decisions of the NEA or the estate of Dr. Seuss are right in their decisions, I don't know. As an old white guy who loves all those books, any bias/inappropriate depictions flew over my head. But what the he!!, let's blame Biden. Because, you know, it must be his fault.

Just an officer acting stupidly. China Joe is one of the most racist office holder we still have left in government. That's saying a lot since there are so many Democrats in government.

What lesson Dr Seuss best teaches all America is that eventually the cancel crowd will get around to you. It was only the week before they got the Muppet trophy to mount on their wall. This week was Dr Seuss. The sad thing is I only mentioned a few in the kids category. We got several solid liberal reporters who got cancelled. A few more liberal celebrities went down. Nope, not woke enough.
If you don't understand what is going on right now, you might want to look up the word "Facism".

SPLC (who were tied to multiple shootings) on the Sneetches: This message of 'acceptance" does not acknowledge structure power I'm balances... Instead of encouraging young readers to take action against injustice, the story promotes a race-neutral approach."

Gee, that sounds really bad. Who would ever want to judge someone not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character? Good thing the Democrats were all over this one.

Knightia 03-03-2021 06:31 PM

Well good to see im keeping you pretty busy hubby checking everything i post-(defending goofball?1/2 a brain joe.)) lol As a ol guy myself i find that pretty funny, That ppl finding suess,s artwork offensive - pretty funny to imo& o o bama chia pet is racist:rolleyes::lolabove:- <---all the woke/offended ppl these days whos feelings who are all so sensitive & offended by everything.( it does have it funny side to it imo)

Btw me& my honey( she is same age as 1/2 brain joe- ) been calling our senior moments- biden brain farts etc- lol

Keep a eye out- more to come -sometime in the future( unless i die first of course lol):confused0024:

Knightia 03-03-2021 06:40 PM

It may be a biden brain fart on my part ( thought i put this with the other up top)- dont see how your post means a dam thing hubby on anthing i posted:wave:

Knightia 03-03-2021 07:18 PM

Sorry it maybe another bidenbrain fart on my part-im not sure what that means Fm

[QUOTE][/SPLC (who were tied to multiple shootings) on the Sneetches:QUOTE]

ammodotcom 03-03-2021 09:21 PM

They should just stop publishing Dr. Seuss altogether if he was so racist that he'd include such imagery in any of his books.

Fieldmouse 03-04-2021 01:54 AM

[QUOTE=Knightia;4388927]Sorry it maybe another bidenbrain fart on my part-im not sure what that means Fm

[/SPLC (who were tied to multiple shootings) on the Sneetches:QUOTE]
Southern Law Poverty Center. They are tied to multiple terrorist acts here in the US.

Knightia 03-04-2021 01:58 AM

Yes ol 1/2 brain joe is pretty limited mentally, his energy, various normal functions it takes to run a country.

Even with all the help around( it is obvious he is struggling & "they" are limiting his public exposures to a
minimum. What he says or dosnt say about Dr seuss dosnt matter much to me.More import things like running the country( so far really badly)- how our enemys see him etc ( the everything is racist bs is both sad & funny imo - it is not funny that they want to silence/cancel/ppl etc- not at all imo- and theres whole a lot of that going on these days......

Knightia 03-04-2021 02:02 AM

[QUOTE=Fieldmouse;4388937]

Originally Posted by Knightia (Post 4388927)
Sorry it maybe another bidenbrain fart on my part-im not sure what that means Fm

Southern Law Poverty Center. They are tied to multiple terrorist acts here in the US.

Thanks Fm Yes they sure have been involved in some strange things

Knightia 03-04-2021 02:54 AM

I might have to get me one of those o bama chia pets:cool15:( funny how they pulled im from some of the stores way back)-( if its cheap enough) they have one thats 2faced( with 2 mouths?) eatable hair option?

I saw where Dr,suess books shot way up in price on e bay & amazon etc- from 5-10$ etc- to hundreds

ipscshooter 03-04-2021 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by hubby11 (Post 4388913)

Of course, all of your "facts" are irrelevant. The OP cited an article indicating that Biden deleted reference to Dr. Seuss from his speech, rather than follow the lead of his two predecessors. Interestingly, Obama had great praise for Seuss and the inclusiveness of his books. You would think the old nose-breaker would be sensitive to the horrific racism in Seuss's art.