Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
One Fish, Two Fish, Everything Is Racist Fish: Joe Biden Cancels Dr. Seuss >

One Fish, Two Fish, Everything Is Racist Fish: Joe Biden Cancels Dr. Seuss

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

One Fish, Two Fish, Everything Is Racist Fish: Joe Biden Cancels Dr. Seuss

Old 03-03-2021, 04:58 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by hubby11 View Post
Sigh. I just read an article on this and thought, "I bet some goofball is going to post this make-believe outrage on HNI." I should get a medal.

Facts (they are important):

1. The National Education Association (NEA), the group that initially decided to celebrate "Read Across America Day" on Theodore Geisel's birthday, made a conscious decision to de-emphasize Dr Suess in favor of lesser-known, often minority authors. They apparently did this because Dr. Suess' estate still sells millions of books a year and likely also because of his allegedly problematic depiction of Jews, blacks and Asians. They made this decision in 2017.

2. The executors of the literary estate of Dr. Seuss announced that they would allow six Seuss books ("And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street," "If I Ran the Zoo," "McElligot's Pool," "On Beyond Zebra!," "Scrambled Eggs Super!" and "The Cat's Quizzer") to fall out of print due to potentially offensive imagery contained within the volumes.

3. Dr. Seuss was well known as a bed-wetting liberal. His books, Marven K Mooney, Will You Please Go Now? (Watergate), The Lorax (environmentalism) and The Sneeches (civil rights/anti-McCarthyism) are all well known allegories for his liberal leanings. Had he lived to see #45, you can bet he would have made another best seller.

Whether the decisions of the NEA or the estate of Dr. Seuss are right in their decisions, I don't know. As an old white guy who loves all those books, any bias/inappropriate depictions flew over my head. But what the he!!, let's blame Biden. Because, you know, it must be his fault.
Just an officer acting stupidly. China Joe is one of the most racist office holder we still have left in government. That's saying a lot since there are so many Democrats in government.

What lesson Dr Seuss best teaches all America is that eventually the cancel crowd will get around to you. It was only the week before they got the Muppet trophy to mount on their wall. This week was Dr Seuss. The sad thing is I only mentioned a few in the kids category. We got several solid liberal reporters who got cancelled. A few more liberal celebrities went down. Nope, not woke enough.
If you don't understand what is going on right now, you might want to look up the word "Facism".

SPLC (who were tied to multiple shootings) on the Sneetches: This message of 'acceptance" does not acknowledge structure power I'm balances... Instead of encouraging young readers to take action against injustice, the story promotes a race-neutral approach."

Gee, that sounds really bad. Who would ever want to judge someone not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character? Good thing the Democrats were all over this one.

Last edited by Fieldmouse; 03-03-2021 at 05:06 PM.
Old 03-03-2021, 06:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well good to see im keeping you pretty busy hubby checking everything i post-(defending goofball?1/2 a brain joe.)) lol As a ol guy myself i find that pretty funny, That ppl finding suess,s artwork offensive - pretty funny to imo& o o bama chia pet is racist- <---all the woke/offended ppl these days whos feelings who are all so sensitive & offended by everything.( it does have it funny side to it imo)

Btw me& my honey( she is same age as 1/2 brain joe- ) been calling our senior moments- biden brain farts etc- lol

Keep a eye out- more to come -sometime in the future( unless i die first of course lol)

Last edited by Knightia; 03-03-2021 at 08:31 PM. Reason: to add- she is -she dont mind -she knows shes a ol lady
Old 03-03-2021, 06:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

It may be a biden brain fart on my part ( thought i put this with the other up top)- dont see how your post means a dam thing hubby on anthing i posted
Old 03-03-2021, 07:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry it maybe another bidenbrain fart on my part-im not sure what that means Fm

[QUOTE][/SPLC (who were tied to multiple shootings) on the Sneetches:QUOTE]
Old 03-03-2021, 09:21 PM
Spike

They should just stop publishing Dr. Seuss altogether if he was so racist that he'd include such imagery in any of his books.
Old 03-04-2021, 01:54 AM
Dominant Buck

[QUOTE=Knightia;4388927]Sorry it maybe another bidenbrain fart on my part-im not sure what that means Fm

[/SPLC (who were tied to multiple shootings) on the Sneetches:QUOTE]
Southern Law Poverty Center. They are tied to multiple terrorist acts here in the US.
Old 03-04-2021, 01:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yes ol 1/2 brain joe is pretty limited mentally, his energy, various normal functions it takes to run a country.

Even with all the help around( it is obvious he is struggling & "they" are limiting his public exposures to a
minimum. What he says or dosnt say about Dr seuss dosnt matter much to me.More import things like running the country( so far really badly)- how our enemys see him etc ( the everything is racist bs is both sad & funny imo - it is not funny that they want to silence/cancel/ppl etc- not at all imo- and theres whole a lot of that going on these days......

Old 03-04-2021, 02:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

[QUOTE=Fieldmouse;4388937]
Originally Posted by Knightia View Post
Sorry it maybe another bidenbrain fart on my part-im not sure what that means Fm

Southern Law Poverty Center. They are tied to multiple terrorist acts here in the US.
Thanks Fm Yes they sure have been involved in some strange things

Old 03-04-2021, 02:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

I might have to get me one of those o bama chia pets( funny how they pulled im from some of the stores way back)-( if its cheap enough) they have one thats 2faced( with 2 mouths?) eatable hair option?

I saw where Dr,suess books shot way up in price on e bay & amazon etc- from 5-10$ etc- to hundreds
Old 03-04-2021, 06:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by hubby11 View Post
Sigh. I just read an article on this and thought, "I bet some goofball is going to post this make-believe outrage on HNI." I should get a medal.

Facts (they are important):
Of course, all of your "facts" are irrelevant. The OP cited an article indicating that Biden deleted reference to Dr. Seuss from his speech, rather than follow the lead of his two predecessors. Interestingly, Obama had great praise for Seuss and the inclusiveness of his books. You would think the old nose-breaker would be sensitive to the horrific racism in Seuss's art.