Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Rules For You, Not For Me >

Rules For You, Not For Me

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Rules For You, Not For Me

Old 01-21-2021, 07:22 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Rules For You, Not For Me

Biden caught breaking his executive order before even the ink could dry. Go figure.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...morial-mandate
Old 01-21-2021, 09:04 AM
Fork Horn

I'll admit not a good look for Biden. Especially after running on mask wearing helping to slow the pandemic. I'll hold off on my indignation for something a little bigger.
Old 01-21-2021, 11:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by lonestar50 View Post
I'll admit not a good look for Biden. Especially after running on mask wearing helping to slow the pandemic. I'll hold off on my indignation for something a little bigger.
Something a little bigger, like maybe destruction of thousands of union jobs in hour one? Like damaging US energy independence and making us dependent on oil from the Middle East in hour one? Like allowing gender confused men to use the restroom beside your wife/daughter/granddaughter in hour one? Like signing us back onto an agreement that creates huge economic disadvantages to the US and US workers in hour one? Every person who voted for this guy is an idiot.
Old 01-21-2021, 11:45 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by ipscshooter View Post
Something a little bigger, like maybe destruction of thousands of union jobs in hour one? Like damaging US energy independence and making us dependent on oil from the Middle East in hour one? Like allowing gender confused men to use the restroom beside your wife/daughter/granddaughter in hour one? Like signing us back onto an agreement that creates huge economic disadvantages to the US and US workers in hour one? Every person who voted for this guy is an idiot.
no not all those things. I actually agree with some of those. Others I don't agree with but I'm not going to be up in arms about them either. Careful man, we're only 1 day in and I can tell your blood pressure is rising.

Yes I know. I'm an idiot and traitor.
Old 01-21-2021, 11:54 AM
Dominant Buck

Everything he signed yesterday wasn't to benefit Americans. All of his executive orders were to benefit foreign countries and their citizens. China Joe, working hard to destroy the American dream.
Old 01-21-2021, 12:38 PM
Typical Buck

He cost millions and millions of dollars yesterday totally lost just due to the pipeline alone , but he said he would make big paying union jobs LOL. He just crushed 60,000 big paying jobs , and is going after fracking and coal after he said he wouldnít I know itís only 1 day but heís already heading in the wrong direction heís helped no one but other countries America first Joe always
Old 01-21-2021, 01:25 PM
Fork Horn

Just shows underneath it all they all know its a scam... that they created along with their far east collaborators..
Old 01-22-2021, 05:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

I told a friend I would give the Biden admin the benefit of the doubt and hope for the best. At the same time I mentioned some benchmark economic numbers to him: $1.79/gallon gasoline in Oklahoma and Missouri when I drove to Illinois at Christmas to visit family and 31,000 Dow stock market index. I would even allow the gasoline benchmark to sit at $2/gallon and the Dow benchmark sit at 30,000 for sake of convenient round numbers. I hope we are still approximately at these numbers in 4 years. Remember, the Dow had never crossed 20,000 when VP Biden left office.

The initial energy related actions of Biden do not make me very hopeful for a future that maintains those benchmarks. The economy is very senistive to energy costs. If gas costs more, consumers have less money to spend on other goods. If energy costs more, business costs increase and profitability goes down. Profits drive consumer spending too as well as investment

I would add that energy prices -- for example oil prices -- are very susceptible to perceptions. Make the market think the Biden administration is going to shut down pipeline, and natural gas prices will go up. Can any student of Economics 101 tell me how most of our electricity in the US is generated? That's right -- burning natural gas. Can any student of Economics 101 detail how closely US economic efficiency is tied to electricity consumption and the price of electricity (and hence the price of natural gas)? Make the world oil market think US oil production is going to go down -- because of banning fracking, because of stopping oil and gas leases on federal lands -- and that the US will soon be drinking Middle East oil again, and what do you suppose oil prices will do? They will respond to perceptions about the future state of the market and go up substantially in price. It ain't rocket science -- even a mental midget like Trump appreciates the importance of perceptions in economic dynamics. I wonder if the "best and the brightest" who will people the Biden admin will possess this modicum of insight into economics? For now I will give them the benefit of the doubt, but I have little confidence they do. I think they will chase feel-good social justice bromides and put the economy in the outhouse.

Last edited by Alsatian; 01-22-2021 at 05:31 AM.