Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
January 6, 2021: This Century’s Day of Reckoning >

January 6, 2021: This Century’s Day of Reckoning

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

January 6, 2021: This Century’s Day of Reckoning

Old 01-01-2021, 03:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default January 6, 2021: This Century’s Day of Reckoning

In his role as President of the Senate, Vice President Pence will accept the envelopes from each state containing their electoral votes. In seven cases, PA, GA, MI, WI, AZ, NV and NM, he will receive two envelopes representing competing slates of electors, one each, in favor of Trump or Biden. Rather than opening the envelopes of the contested states, the President of the Senate will enumerate each individual state’s violations of their own constitutions, state by state and law by law as well the general violation of Article II, Section 1 of the U.S. Constitution and place the evidence in the record. He will state that the 2020 Election was lawless, and state election officials provably disregarded the law both before and after the election. He will declare that reasonable doubt on the validity of the electors exists in these swing states, and they were the specific targets of coordinated election fraud.

RR
Old 01-01-2021, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator

Ought to be fun to watch.
Old 01-04-2021, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

and if Pence did that - then what ?
Old 01-04-2021, 12:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ranger77 View Post
and if Pence did that - then what ?
If the news doesn't cover it, YouTube and Twitter blocks it, and it is not on the first 4 pages of Google,...then it didn't happen.

C. Davis
Old 01-04-2021, 03:17 PM
Typical Buck

I tried like heck to get off to go some friends and some other folks are going all of them taking their dogs Rotts Cane , Shepard’s should be fun for them
Old 01-05-2021, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Problem with that, as I understand it is that the states already submitted into record the slates of electors, and not a single state submitted two slates. The states you mention did a show of dual electors, but they were never officially submitted, therefore they don't officially exist for Pence to do anything. HOWEVER that aside, he can do what you say, state by state, make a statement. If there were duals submitted, Pence would be the one to decide which to select and count, as Jefferson did, but that isn't on the table.

The objections, which hopefully happen, can then vote to throw out that state and not count them at all, if a few do that (doubtful since it will takes some D's and all R's to vote in both houses), then Biden will drop below 270 and the overall election goes to the house for a state by state vote.
Old 01-05-2021, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pence is ambitious and wants to be president one day. I don't believe he is going to let the country go into a Constitutional crisis. I predict that he plays it straight and enumerates the slates of electors which have been submitted and certified by the states. Biden will be found to have won and will be sworn in.
Old 01-05-2021, 01:20 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Beau Ouiville View Post
Pence is ambitious and wants to be president one day. I don't believe he is going to let the country go into a Constitutional crisis. I predict that he plays it straight and enumerates the slates of electors which have been submitted and certified by the states. Biden will be found to have won and will be sworn in.
Lol, Constitutional crisis. It's called following the Constitution which means it's not a crisis. It's a safeguard our framers put in place just in case massive fraud occurs like it did this time around. This isn't the first time it's happened.
Old 01-05-2021, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
Lol, Constitutional crisis. It's called following the Constitution which means it's not a crisis. It's a safeguard our framers put in place just in case massive fraud occurs like it did this time around. This isn't the first time it's happened.
I don't know of the president of the senate failing to read the elections results as submitted in this century or the last. You have an example? The law was changed after Hayes vs. Tilden in 1876 putting the role for counting ballots on the states. For the vice president to have any role there has to be competing slates of electors submitting results. No state has had an alternate slate of electors in 2020 -- each state sent only one slate to Pence.

If Pence does not count the votes and certify Biden as the winner, there certainly will be a Constitutional crisis.
Old 01-05-2021, 02:38 PM
Typical Buck

Well what if Trump does as the Generals suggested , Martial law , then they have to review the evidence and open a large scale investigation ? Could be a lot of heads rolling if that happens , and then again nothing might happen and Biden gets sworn in and we get to see how long it takes for them to start pushing their ignorant laws and beliefs and ideas , then we see if people still keep ignoring it or we stand up and put a stop to all of it