Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Should illegal immigrants get a fraction of a vote? >

Should illegal immigrants get a fraction of a vote?

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Should illegal immigrants get a fraction of a vote?

Old 09-22-2020, 08:48 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Rafael Butts View Post
They have every right to vote, legal or illegal, since they now live here.
Just wondering , were you in some kind of major car accident , or fell off a cliff and hit your head to be this brain damaged , or were you just born this stupid ?

You just can't fix stupid . I will say a prayer for you that someday you might be cured , but dont hold your breath cause it's not happening
Old 09-22-2020, 08:48 AM
Spike

Consider this. The year is 2030 and America is in rough shape. Such rough shape that people don't feel safe and you want to move because half your family was murdered. So you go to Canada, and they call you a dirty immigrant and tell you to GTFO.
Old 09-22-2020, 10:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Looks like we have two new leftists who have joined the forum. I wonder how many logical fallacies these people can bring to us. Start with the argumentum ad misericordiam -- the appeal to emotion. It is a logical fallacy! It doesn't carry any weight! I am referring to silly "what if you had to go to Canada, how would you feel then!"

We have laws. We live by laws. If a majority of our elected officials pass a law, and if it is deemed constitutional if challenged, then that becomes law. If it is unconstitutional, then the constitution has to be changed, and that is a more difficult task. Speaking for myself I think it would be stupid to change our laws to give illegal aliens any voting rights in our country. I would vote against any elected official who supported this initiative. I wager the VAST majority of US citizens would agree with my attitude. In fact, I would wager the VAST majority of citizens of any sovereign nation would oppose granting voting rights to illegal aliens in their countries.

We should not listen to stupid ideas such as this. The whole basis of such proposals is that long honoured, foundational concepts are subject to throwing out on a whim, as if they have no weight and substance. I'm serious. Just as an example, some leftists allege that age should not be a consideration in eligibility for public office. For example, it is said that the minimum age requirement for the office of US president is silly and has no value. What? Experience has no value in the balance with inexperience? That is stupid. Over and over and over again we are expected to swallow stupid and nonsensical ideas by the Left. My advice: do not listen to them. The idea that a transgender woman (a human being born make who identifies as female) is equal to a biological woman and hence can compete in sports with biological women is stupid. How did anyone manage to disassociate their thinking facility so far from reality to think this?

Our error is in paying attention to these clowns.
Old 09-22-2020, 02:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

You have just shown why liberals should not have a say in anything that governs our country!! Just because illegals have invaded our country is not a reason to allow them to have a say in how we operate. It is a good reason whowever to0 round them up and send their illegal assess to somewhere else asap! Once again, read the Constitution, I understand it may be beyond your ability to comprehend, but it is the law of the land, thank God!!!!
Old 09-22-2020, 03:44 PM
Spike

I think it pays to always be humble. You never know when you'll be the one needing help.
Old 09-22-2020, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by JulioBobberts View Post
Consider this. The year is 2030 and America is in rough shape. Such rough shape that people don't feel safe and you want to move because half your family was murdered. So you go to Canada, and they call you a dirty immigrant and tell you to GTFO.
I would strongly encourage Canada to do just that. Otherwise by 2040 they will be in the same spot, and there's no where north-er to go.

-Jake
Old 09-22-2020, 04:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

You are the poster child as to why illegals should not have a vote!!!! Your Avatar is a picture of an anti American idiot

Last edited by Oldtimr; 09-23-2020 at 03:21 AM.
Old 09-22-2020, 05:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

I totally agree.... Rafael (whatever his name) just ended up in my BLOCKED list.
Old 09-22-2020, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by JulioBobberts View Post
I think a compromise is necessary in this debate. One side thinks illegal immigrants should vote and the other does not. I propose we give illegal immigrants 1/2 of a vote each. This way we compromise and both sides win.
Assuming you are a real person and are serious about debating this, why? Illegal immigrants are people who enter a country illegally. Enter Mexico (or just about any other country on the planet) and you are committing a crime. In Mexico (country next door), you go to prison for entering their country illegally. Can't say as I blame them. In the US, there are a lot of ways to enter this country legally and many more to gaining citizenship. When studying to become a citizen, you learn about this country, how it works and what makes it special. People can and do realize their dreams in this country. It's really like no other country.

Giving anybody 1/2 of a vote is creating a 2nd class of citizens and doesn't do them or the US any favors. It's illegal in the US, in Mexico and just about every other country in the world for a reason. Illegal immigrants have no vested interest in a country, don't have any real knowledge of how that country works and by their illegal status, are susceptible to untoward influence in how they vote. In short, that's a recipe for disaster.
Old 09-22-2020, 10:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

You have NO legal right to vote in Canada as a non-citizen either. Im 100% ok with that. You cant in Mexico either so run along. Move there and convince them to change their laws. I bet if you checked the laws in all of South America you are required to be a citizen to vote in any country there too.

GO CRY SOME PLACE ELSE.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.