HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Politics (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/politics-16/)
-   -   Don't you just love the "media silence" over something as horrific as this? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/politics/423941-dont-you-just-love-media-silence-over-something-horrific.html)

WV 67 09-02-2020 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Beau Ouiville (Post 4380397)
I guess that's why every person protesting police brutality is not black. You think there have been no unwarranted shootings?

"Circuit Court Judge Casey Manning said Groubert was sentenced to 12 years, suspended upon service of five years, and three years probation with credit for time served. In short, Groubert will serve five years, but get credit for the 17 months he's already spent behind bars.

He would then have the probation after getting out of prison, whenever that occurs.

Groubert shot Levar Jones on September 4, 2014 outside a Circle K gas station on Broad River Road in Columbia. The then trooper said he stopped Jones for a seat belt violation.

"I screwed up, plain and simple," Groubert told Jones directly in court. "I pray that one day you'll be able to find peace with this and forgive me."

"You did absolutely nothing wrong," Groubert said. "You did noting to warrant the force that was used against you."
https://www.wltx.com/article/news/ex.../101-464504897

Thereís good and bad people in all races , some races just take advantage of the excuse of racism to do their deeds and expect it to be overlooked ( riots ,Looting , attacks , etc ) these riots have nothing to do with race or who was shot etc just the taking advantage of such incidents and a majority of the whites are there to do Antifa work and the rest are just puppets which will be the first set of victims if all hell breaks loose Just to read what you type tells me You should just go back where you came from or go look for happiness else where we Americans like and love our country and what it stands for from our fore fathers and our great vets and our families that risked life to make it great we donít want the change they r trying to make we like our statues of history if pushed to far we will in fact stand ground and take back whatís ours and remember one thing THERE IS A WHOLE LOT MORE OF US THAN THERE EVER WILL BE OF YOU

MudderChuck 09-02-2020 05:39 PM

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."
If you question a black person's character most will automatically yell racism. Many use it as a foil when their actions are questioned, They use it as leverage.
Cannon Hennit a five-year-old white child was shot in the head by a black neighbor. I strive to be color blind but sometimes it gets really difficult.
I've been called racist many times, I always laugh at it. I loved my Grandmother, she was Mulato, I'm a shade whiter than many so-called blacks of mixed race. The majority of blacks are mixed race, you'd know what I'm saying is true if you ever spent any time in Africa and seen real blacks. I sometimes question a blacks character, it has little to do with color.
Side note, justified doesn't mean necessary. All lives matter, any life taken is lost potential iMO.

WV 67 09-02-2020 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by MudderChuck (Post 4380401)
"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."
If you question a black person's character most will automatically yell racism. Many use it as a foil when their actions are questioned, They use it as leverage.
Cannon Hennit a five-year-old white child was shot in the head by a black neighbor. I strive to be color blind but sometimes it gets really difficult.
I've been called racist many times, I always laugh at it. I loved my Grandmother, she was Mulato, I'm a shade whiter than many so-called blacks of mixed race. The majority of blacks are mixed race, you'd know what I'm saying is true if you ever spent any time in Africa and seen real blacks. I sometimes question a blacks character, it has little to do with color.
Side note, justified doesn't mean necessary. All lives matter, any life taken is lost potential iMO.

I agree with you 100%

Beau Ouiville 09-03-2020 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by MudderChuck (Post 4380401)

Both Vince Lombardi and conservative saint Nino Scalia knew how to play the ethnic card. When denied a job (Lombardi) or entry to Harvard as an undergrad (Scalia) both asked if the decision was based on the fact that they are Italian. The point is that many want to question if things outside of their qualifications or actions led to how they are treated.

By the way, on the 1920 census in New Orleans, my grandmother was listed as "mulatto".

sconnyhunter 09-03-2020 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Beau Ouiville (Post 4380397)
I guess that's why every person protesting police brutality is not black. You think there have been no unwarranted shootings?

"Circuit Court Judge Casey Manning said Groubert was sentenced to 12 years, suspended upon service of five years, and three years probation with credit for time served. In short, Groubert will serve five years, but get credit for the 17 months he's already spent behind bars.

He would then have the probation after getting out of prison, whenever that occurs.

Groubert shot Levar Jones on September 4, 2014 outside a Circle K gas station on Broad River Road in Columbia. The then trooper said he stopped Jones for a seat belt violation.

"I screwed up, plain and simple," Groubert told Jones directly in court. "I pray that one day you'll be able to find peace with this and forgive me."

"You did absolutely nothing wrong," Groubert said. "You did noting to warrant the force that was used against you."
https://www.wltx.com/article/news/ex.../101-464504897

Now we need to riot and loot and burn down MORE private businesses, because of that one example of **** happens to good people sometimes.

CalHunter 09-03-2020 08:12 PM

I think MLK had it right. People should judge each other if needed on the basis of their character. From what I've seen in this life, people who think they're being mistreated because of race, gender, being Italian, etc. will often find a reason (or so they think) to believe that is happening rather than looking at their own character or performance in the job, etc. IOW, if you look for some kind of prejudice, you will often find what you think is prejudice. Consider most snowflakes as a more frequent example.

elkman30 09-03-2020 08:51 PM

If more people did that, they would have to bitch about on this forum. Just saying.