Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Heels Up Harris...  VP nominee?  Seriously? >

Heels Up Harris... VP nominee? Seriously?

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Heels Up Harris... VP nominee? Seriously?

Old 08-12-2020, 08:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Heels Up Harris... VP nominee? Seriously?

"W"hiskey "T"ango "F"oxtrot was Biden thinking (or given his mental state, who thought this out for him?)

I've read all the reports and things (bias, non-bias, both sides) on Kamala Harris, and frankly, this evil woman scares the {expletive} out of me!
Old 08-12-2020, 09:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

I would say she is not too much of a surprise. She has some stature. She has some campaigning and debating skills. Biden could have done worse.

The Democrats will hype the "historic, first black woman" narrative. Again, is that a surprise? Is it surprising that Democrats would campaign on identity politics? "Vote for my ticket because I have a black vice-presidential running mate! Oh, and this black running mate is a woman, too! That is double sweet identity baby! If you don't vote for us you ain't black and/or you ain't a woman!!!"

The Republicans should focus on issues and accomplishments. What has Trump done? What have Trump's deeds accomplished? It should be easy to draw a contrast between what Trump has done -- and will continue doing -- versus what Biden/Harris WOULD HAVE done and WILL DO if elected -- and point out what results from these different deeds.

Yes, it is scary. But it is scary to think of ANY Democrat prevailing in the Presidential election -- because they are all given over to left-wing extremist ideas. What are these left-wing extremist ideas? (1) curtail and over time eliminate your second amendment rights; (2) give reparations to blacks that you get to pay for with your tax dollars, (3) eliminate police departments, (4) lay out the welcome mat for Chinese trade at the expense of middle class Americans, (5) punish American businesses with feel-good regulations, most especially the oil and gas industry, (6) flush untold dollars into the "green new deal" -- translation a slush fund for crony capitalists who has sold themselves to the Democrats, (6) give citizenship to millions of illegal aliens. That is a start.
Old 08-12-2020, 11:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Update: Kamala Harris -- "Black"... "African American"... Pffffffttttt.... Please. She is NOT black!

Mother: Shyamala Harris (born and raised in India, in later years immigrated to Canada). ---- INDIAN.
Father: Donald Harris (born and raised in Jamaica, later moved to California). --- JAMAICAN.

Someone explained to me how Kamala Harris claims to be "African American".... *sigh*
Old 08-12-2020, 12:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

well at this point, anyone is better than trump pence.

Old 08-12-2020, 12:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ButchA View Post
Update: Kamala Harris -- "Black"... "African American"... Pffffffttttt.... Please. She is NOT black!

Mother: Shyamala Harris (born and raised in India, in later years immigrated to Canada). ---- INDIAN.
Father: Donald Harris (born and raised in Jamaica, later moved to California). --- JAMAICAN.

Someone explained to me how Kamala Harris claims to be "African American".... *sigh*
Who are you to say she isn't black? it's not an exact term -- Tiger Woods call himself multi-racial.

Face it: She would have been subject to racial discrimination in the fifties and sixties and she self-identifies as black. We have to leave that one alone.

Actually she has an HBCU and AKA in her background -- that means she's more in the black mainstream than Condoleeza Rice! And the meaning of those terms? A black person knows!
Old 08-12-2020, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Biden didn't have any good options so he chose somebody who checked some boxes for his campaign. Harris wasn't smart for accepting as even Willie Brown told her to hold out for AG instead. It should make for some interesting videos in infomercials.
Old 08-12-2020, 05:19 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by salukipv1 View Post
well at this point, anyone is better than trump pence.
LOL. Been hearing that since 2016 heís done more for this country than anyone in years Obama tried to kill this country and if the Dems get in itís really over and no chance of ever coming back for a guy on a hunting site you must hate your guns and your rights because the other side wants them
Old 08-12-2020, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

We have to leave that one alone.
We do? You ask a Jamaican if they consider themselves black...they do not, they are Jamaican.

Harris wasn't smart for accepting as even Willie Brown told her to hold out for AG instead.
This is a pretty good move for Harris. I think she knows full well that Biden is going to lose. Running as Biden's VP raises Harris' stature within the democrat party and she is young enough to try again in 4 years. At that time a Pence Harris match-up could easily go her way and we could have a...gag...President Harris.
Old 08-13-2020, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Historically, that doesn't tend to happen. Even people who run for President and lose rarely come back for a second attempt. Hillary was an exception, not the rule. People who run for VP and lose just about never come back to run for President. By running (and losing), they gain name recognition but lose electability credibility. Consider Tim Kaine in 2016, Paul Ryan from 2012, Sarah Palin from 2008, John Edwards in 2004, Joe Lieberman in 2000, Jack Kemp in 1996, Dan Quayle in 1992, Lloyd Bentsen in 1988, etc. All of them had name recognition and were chosen as VP candidates by losing Presidential contenders. None of them went on to run for President and none were considered Presidential material after that. So Kamala Harris has "raised" her stature and will have killed off her chances of running for President when Biden loses in November. She should have listened to Willie Brown cause he had it right.

Old 08-13-2020, 08:23 AM
Super Moderator

I agree with elkman. Politics can be as superstitious in some ways as any sport can. Most people don't like betting on losers and I think Harris has tied herself to one. But then, she wasn't exactly 1st string to begin with. She should enjoy her 15 minutes of fame while she can.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.