Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Proof Death Stats Are Being Manipulated >

Proof Death Stats Are Being Manipulated

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Proof Death Stats Are Being Manipulated

Old 05-15-2020, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Georgia opened it's economy 2 weeks ago, even trump said it was too soon. There was all kinds of hand wringing and doom and gloom spewing forth from the leftist talking heads.

None of it came to pass.

Georgia is reopened, and doing very well.
Old 05-15-2020, 01:25 PM
Fork Horn

To be honest I think these liberal tyrants are shooting themselves in the face. The more they keep up this up the more people are protesting them. Just a thought but I am thinking most of these blue states are going to vote the libs out and Trump wins by a landslide. People are seeing right through their scheme. My son lives in LA and talking to him last night , even some hardcore libs he knows have had enough of this crap from the LA mayor and Newsome . All the Lib state Governors and mayors are the ones being tyrants . I did not think that the Reps could take the house back. But now I do think they can win and throw Piglosi out to the dogs . Who knows. Maybe the dogs wont want her spoiled meat either.
Old 05-15-2020, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

The R's get the house back, hold the senate and Trump wins re-election, it will be a BAD 4 years for dems. The investigations and commitee hearings, plus the absolute slaughter they will see in the courts will be truly historic.
Old 05-15-2020, 01:43 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Valorius View Post
The R's get the house back, hold the senate and Trump wins re-election, it will be a BAD 4 years for dems. The investigations and commitee hearings, plus the absolute slaughter they will see in the courts will be truly historic.
That sounds like a positive end game. The question that comes to mind is what about the rest of the world that isn't part of the liberal USA political scheme? What's their story?
Old 05-15-2020, 05:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Their story is that they are stupid idiots and would follow Adolf Hitler were he a democrat!
Old 05-15-2020, 05:50 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
That's certainly an opinion shared by many people Cal. On the flip side some medical experts like Dr. Fauci state their opinion that the numbers have been under reported especially in the beginning. I see that Russia is experiencing a dramatic case load increase in the past week or so. I wonder what mitigation they enacted?
You're describing part of the problem CI. Medical experts (Fauci) included can give their opinion like anybody else, based on their knowledge, training, experience and the facts of the case, incident or situation. When an expert cites a case or study, we usually think the expert has read the study and looked at how it was conducted, it's size, #'s, etc. All of these experts, Fauci included, have been stating guesses based on models, etc. and nobody has asked them to explain the studies, models, theories they're espousing. So when the Washington model predicted something like a 1/4 million or so people dying, nobody asked what parameters they used in the study. this was especially critical since the Washington study was based on no social distancing, no shelter in place, not shutting down the borders and all of the other mitigation measures that were already being implemented or were in the process of being implemented. It was an important projection that needed to be part of the national discussion about what mitigation measures to implement or not. But it wasn't presented like that. A responsible study would have explained that was a worst case scenario if we do absolutely nothing to mitigate the spread. And experts should have emphasized that. But they didn't.

So as different states and the fed began implementing different mitigation measures and the spread slowed down, the Washington model (and other models) revised their projections downward but still didn't explain how they arrived at the new figures and why. And neither did the experts. People saw the projections continuing to drop and began getting upset because they had been scared with the original quarter million figure and nobody was explaining things so they could understand it better. The whole process could have been handled better but it wasn't. And people converted the whole thing into politics with half the country saying Fauci, etc. is the expert and the other half pointing out Fauci was wrong and even admitted they didn't know anything for sure. Both sides were right and both were also wrong. Fauci is an incredibly knowledgeable, smart and experienced guy but he sucks as a speaker. He honestly needed a real reporter to walk him through all of this with intelligent questions that were designed to learn something and not play gotcha politics. That wasn't happening either.

So now you mention Fauci said "the #'s were under reported especially in the beginning." They were. And now they're being over reported for the above reasons listed. But nobody (Fauci included) will go through all of the information and timelines to get the truth and provide usable information. Instead, it will just continue being stupid dumb-ass politics where everybody plays gotcha while uncle Joe continues to get slaughtered by his own side (that's really another topic).
Old 05-15-2020, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
That sounds like a positive end game. The question that comes to mind is what about the rest of the world that isn't part of the liberal USA political scheme? What's their story?
Europe does share the globalist vision of the world with the corporate Uni party.
Old 05-16-2020, 03:43 AM
Dominant Buck

I thought they did all that Cal with respect to unmitigated scenario ( 1.2 million) and then a high low projection of mitigated death counts(100 to 200k). I would guess that we will be north of the 100K well before the last state tries to open back up. My own opinion is I listen scientific experts on medical issues and financial experts on economic issues. You know what they say what comes out when a politician moves his mouth. I find it interesting that Trump paraded out Fauci, Birx, Haun and the rest of his medical experts and touted them as the best in the world. Now he has moved away from them and lots of people who praised his picks are now second guessing them. I see the same pattern that has clouded the Trump administration right from the beginning. It all sounds like that reality TV show with the catch phrase...you're fired.
I now see Trump has fired state dept inspector general Linick. It appears at least to me that he is rapidly removing many of the checks and balances put into our system of democracy by our founders. For those who feel Trump will save America this is probably good news. My fear is he is going too far and wonder what 4 more years of Trump will bring.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 05-16-2020 at 05:56 AM.
Old 05-16-2020, 07:48 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Valorius View Post
Georgia opened it's economy 2 weeks ago, even trump said it was too soon. There was all kinds of hand wringing and doom and gloom spewing forth from the leftist talking heads.

None of it came to pass.

Georgia is reopened, and doing very well.
Yes I was watching something today on their recovery. The numbers are still trending down which is a great sign for all the states. It is evident that the businesses are opening but many people are still social distancing and practicing personal protection such as hand washing and wearing masks. If anything this whole thing has brought out an awareness to the American people of how dangerous a pandemic can be. I think the way Georgia did it is the right path and am sure they will be watching the case trends and deal with any blips as they come up. My state has the nations best numbers right now but is still slow to reopen. I finally had to have Mrs CI give me a haircut today. I was starting to look like a hippie and even an ever present ball cap didn't tame the hair. Saved 20 bucks on the cut and it doesn't look all that bad. Both Mrs. CI and I laughed a bit when the haircut reminded us of that Big Bang Theory episode where Penny cut Sheldon's hair and she "slipped" with the clippers and created a clear cut on the back of his head. We went out to town yesterday to do a mega grocery trip that will last 2 to 3 weeks. It was a 60 mile round trip but we stocked up on everything that we needed less some of the usual disinfectant items that are always sold out. I was shocked at the price of beef which looked to be almost double with not much available. The general cost of all the groceries was quite a bit higher than before all this started. It looks like I'll have to give some extra effort to get a couple deer for the freezer this fall.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 05-16-2020 at 08:24 AM.
Old 05-16-2020, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

There is nothing wrong with social distancing and all that.

But we need to open the country back up now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.