Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Question Regarding Zero Percent Interest? >

Question Regarding Zero Percent Interest?

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Question Regarding Zero Percent Interest?

Old 05-22-2020, 11:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

You still carrying on?
Old 05-22-2020, 09:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Valorius View Post
You still carrying on?
I suppose I should quit... My thought was to point out that your post was false... Believe that was accomplished...

Adios Amigo...
Old 05-23-2020, 05:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

There is a difference between a mistake and an intentionally false statement. You got pretty childish over it.
Old 05-23-2020, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

A simple, "Val I think it was 5 US states that never closed" (according to his source, though my source clearly lists 7) would've accomplished the same thing a lot more nicely.

In any case, 5, 7, 9...the spirit of my comment was correct- several US states never shut down. At all.
Old 05-23-2020, 09:56 AM
Dominant Buck

It never hurts to be nice.
Old 05-23-2020, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Lunkerdog View Post
Name them...
South Dakota
North Dakota
Arkansas
Utah
Wyoming
Nebraska
Iowa
FLORIDA (with the HIGHEST known population of retired and elderly in the nation)

All 50 had SOME restrictions.

But the MOST SUCCESSFUL states were the ones who DID NOT lock down. Interestingly, they ARE also Red states.

Old 05-23-2020, 09:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr View Post
There is a difference between a mistake and an intentionally false statement. You got pretty childish over it.
OT, if I make a mistake, I do my best to research it, and if it is a mistake, I try to be the first to admit it... I researched A reply that Valorius made to me, and believed that it was wrong... I then replied to it...

Valorius then replied back, and changed the #'s... For a lack of a better way to put it, He changed canoes midstream...

Not sure where you get the "childish" thing... Bare in mind that my posts were as much reaction, as they were action... It takes two to tango... There used to be a day here that when you posted something as fact, you backed it with info... Seems like that day is gone...
Old 05-23-2020, 09:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sconnyhunter View Post
South Dakota
North Dakota
Arkansas
Utah
Wyoming
Nebraska
Iowa
FLORIDA (with the HIGHEST known population of retired and elderly in the nation)

All 50 had SOME restrictions.

But the MOST SUCCESSFUL states were the ones who DID NOT lock down. Interestingly, they ARE also Red states.
Sorry Sconny, but that's not correct... Not sure why folks are comparing the #'s of the other states you've listed... Is anyone considering the demographics of those states?

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...em-coronavirus

Last edited by Lunkerdog; 05-23-2020 at 09:51 PM.
Old 05-24-2020, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry Sconny, but that's not correct... Not sure why folks are comparing the #'s of the other states you've listed... Is anyone considering the demographics of those states?

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...em-coronavirus
I do my best to post factual information. I do sometimes get it wrong, but not this time.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/03/u...stay-home.html This article NAMED ALL the same states that I did. Unless, we are not to believe the NYT?

And this is the exact search that I did.
"states that did not shut down"

You demanded a list of states that did not lock down.. That is what you were given. You did NOT ask for their demographics. Why move the goal posts like that?

NONE of the other 49 states are New York. We don't live like they do, in any other state. FL did NOT lock down like they did, and FL has teh nations highest population of retired and elderly people. Yet they have an incredibly LOW death rate. WHY? Becasue DeSantis didn't send covid positive patients to nursing homes to recover, that's why.

Cuomo of New York, KILLED HIS OWN CITIZENS.

Last edited by sconnyhunter; 05-24-2020 at 07:37 AM.
Old 05-24-2020, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator

... There used to be a day here that when you posted something as fact, you backed it with info... Seems like that day is gone...
Back in the day, posting a link with a quote was often enforced but for a different reason. One member (he doesn't post anymore) repeatedly quoted people in articles as if it was his own words and sentences. When it was pointed out that he was potentially opening HNI up to a plagiarism problem if the original author and publication wished to sue, he said he was in grad school and everybody does it so it's no big deal. He was advised that this is a business, not grad school and he still needed to list both quotes and links to avoid the issue. He refused and had his posts edited with a warning. He continued violating the rules and got his posts edited with a timeout. He continued to argue and break HNI rules so he got progressively longer timeouts. Eventually he stopped posting (his choice) after a few more back and forth PMs about these issues and a separate hijacking of topics issue. That's actually why the link "requirement" started.

Over the years, a few people (very few) have played a little loose with their facts and/or quotes from articles and have been called on it. After a while, those people learned to provide links and, more importantly, double check their facts. Nobody posting in this topic is in that very small group. Also, part of the give and take in these discussions is a sharpening of one's arguments and a closer analysis of facts. Occasionally a person will speed read through an article and only glean info instead of getting things precisely correct. And sometimes, another member will link a different article with slightly different data or facts. Eventually, the issue gets sorted out and good conclusions are reached. Having said that, links are good unless it's from Forbes because they always want you to pay or join to read their linked article.

Last but not least, most of us have been on some kind of shelter in place unless you live in one of either 5, 7 or 8 states that didn't shut down. None of us anticipated this stay-cation and after a while, people naturally get a bit of cabin fever and even a little on edge. That's simply human nature and especially for Americans as we seem to be born with an innate desire for freedom and get disgruntled quickly when anybody tries to restrict it. So if you feel yourself getting a little on the prod with another member, consider taking one of those vitamin D breaks outside before responding so you can maybe get a bigger picture perspective and maybe avoid another feud, etc. Lord knows, HNI already has enough feuds already between members and even between mods.

Last edited by CalHunter; 05-24-2020 at 09:55 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.