Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
New invaders to Washington state >

New invaders to Washington state

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

New invaders to Washington state

Old 05-09-2020, 11:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Valorius View Post
This is an invasive species:

Many, many, many animals and species throughout history have hitchhiked from region to region during storms on felled trees, and many, many more have migrated with changing climate conditions, even walking over frozen seas during ice ages.

The eco system always re-balances itself after a new species is introduced into a new region, it just takes time. It's all part of nature.
Keep digging that hole, your premise is ridiculous!
Old 05-09-2020, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

My premise is 100% based on incontrovertible historical fact. It is indisputable.
Old 05-09-2020, 02:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

Nonsense, pure unadulterated nonsense! It is base on your opinion and nothing more. I dealt with invasive and they cost our country billions. To minimize the damage they do shows pure ignorance of the facts and you posting of an imaginary creature, lets just say it speaks for its self.
Old 05-09-2020, 03:25 PM
Dominant Buck

I often interact with some of the biologists here in state. Invasive plants, animals, fish and disease scare the hell out of them. Whole ecosystems have been altered by changes caused by invasive transplants. We now have zebra mussels which have few enemies so their growth goes relatively unchecked. Water intake pipes are routinely clogged by these as they colonize wherever water moves.They are filter feeders and feed on zooplankton which is a basic staple for small invertebrates and bait fish. When the zooplankton is reduced it removes food for bait fish and small pan fish which in the end reduces food for larger species. So just a small non native like a zebra mussel can affect fish all along the food chain. Everyone is entitled to their opinions Valorius but yours are considered dangerous by our biologists. Our state is continuously trying to reduce the chance of anything not native to be transferred to other areas or water bodies. Diseases like CWD with animals and VHS for the fish are other things that hold a top priority to keep out of our state.
Old 05-09-2020, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr View Post
Nonsense, pure unadulterated nonsense! It is base on your opinion and nothing more. I dealt with invasive and they cost our country billions. To minimize the damage they do shows pure ignorance of the facts and you posting of an imaginary creature, lets just say it speaks for its self.
I do not know what would possess you to discard scientific fact, but species have -always- traveled around the globe. Either through migration, because of climate change, or by hitching a ride on debris to cross the sea.

These are, again, absolutely incontrovertible facts. They are not subject to opinion.
Old 05-09-2020, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
Whole ecosystems have been altered by changes caused by invasive transplants
Which is how it has always been since the dawn of life on the planet.

I find it peculiar that so many people think the 'current state' is the 'correct state.'

That applies to the climate as well as the habitat of specific species, or the survival of given species.

Change is normal. The Earth is not a steady state model.

Old 05-09-2020, 03:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

I do not know what would possess you to discard scientific fact, but species have -always- traveled around the globe. Either through migration, because of climate change, or by hitching a ride on debris to cross the sea.

These are, again, absolutely incontrovertible facts. They are not subject to opinion.
In controversial from who? You?I think not!
Old 05-09-2020, 03:59 PM
Dominant Buck

Which is how it has always been since the dawn of life on the planet.

I find it peculiar that so many people think the 'current state' is the 'correct state.'

That applies to the climate as well as the habitat of specific species, or the survival of given species.

Change is normal. The Earth is not a steady state model.
You are absolutely right. Species do migrate and travel from one region to another naturally. They have done that all throughout time. When man gets involved and the transition is over a short time mother nature can't take care of it through evolution.

Lets take something that is easily identified as unique to a region...the kangaroo. They aren't in North America, South America, Europe or Asia. They live on Australia and other than man their biggest predator would be the dingo dog which is native to the area. Mother nature has an ecosystem there which allows for the dingo's to flourish as well as their food supply the kangaroo. I ask what would happen if an apex predator like lions which live off grassland animals similar to kangaroos were inadvertently introduced into Australia? The results would swing short term into the lions favor until all their food was removed. Nature takes care of her species naturally and man screws it up.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 05-09-2020 at 04:13 PM.
Old 05-09-2020, 09:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Evolution is???
Old 05-10-2020, 06:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

What evolution is not, is invasive species coming into a part of the world where they insert themselves into the existing environment where there are no existing natural controls and do tremendous damage to that environment . Just one case in point and there are many more in both the plant and animal categories, look at the everglades being taken over by snakes that are not from North America and where they have no natural enemies and how they have decimated the native mammal population. That situation was created by stupid people, not by nature and it sure as Hades was not evolution. Evolution is a very slow process where native flora and fauna changes through time in order to survive. Invasions of foreign species and the damage they do, is not evolution, it is pollution! To even suggest that the invasion of foreign species is evolution shows an incredible ignorance of the facts.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 05-10-2020 at 06:46 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.