Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Trump

Old 04-16-2020, 02:18 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Lunkerdog View Post
Face the truth... Trumps admin dropped the ball on this early on... They seemed to have picked it from up time to time, but it seems to me that Trump is going to fumble again...
And where is your proof ? The facts show exactly the opposite that he was the 1st to sound the alarm ! All the stupid Libs criticisized the President for shutting down travel from China within 10 days of the 1st case . Evidently you have a very short memory . Remember Fauci claimed there was very low risk to Americans ? Remember the A hole head of the WHO flapping his lips calling the travel ban wrong and the USA had nothing to worry about because the virus did not transmit from human to human? He also claimed that China has the SMALL outbreak under control and the world didn't have anything to worry about ? How about Piglosi dancing around in Chinatown on Feb 24th telling everyone that Trump was fear mongering and they should all come down and enjoy the festivities ?
I could spend an hour proving all the facts that Trump was right . When Trump shut down all unecessary travel from Europe they cried foul until 2 weeks later when they shut all travel down themselves .
We are finding out China lied to the world and were hiding the evidence . They jailed 10 scientist that wanted to tell the world in late December and early Jan that there is a crisis in the making . And you have the balls to come on here and spew a bunch of crap ?

Last edited by SportsmanNH; 04-16-2020 at 02:27 AM.
Old 04-16-2020, 03:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
Yes some of the press ask loaded questions but the one he refused to answer was certainly something people wanted to hear about ..what was done all during February. His only answer was cutting off china travel Jan 31. All the videos he showed were campaign type pieces showcasing him. Hardly what a worried public watching for covid information were looking for.
It was an absurd question, and here is why:
These numbers from the CDC coincide with Trumps actions and decision making. It is obvious Trump is looking at these figures all through the month of February leading to the Mid. March when the decision is made to start shutting down the economy.

Out of a population of 327 million American people;

Week ending-------------- Covid-19 Deaths------------- Influenza Deaths
2-1-20-------------------------------- 0--------------------------------- 454
2-8-20-------------------------------- 0--------------------------------- 488
2-15-20------------------------------ 0 ---------------------------------499
2-22-20 ------------------------------0 ---------------------------------515
2-29-20------------------------------ 5 ---------------------------------583
3-7-20 -------------------------------19-------------------------------- 563
3-14-20----------------------------- 44 ---------------------------------550
3-21-20 -----------------------------447------------------------------- 467
3-28-20----------------------------- 2,205 -----------------------------349
4-4-20 ------------------------------4,462 -----------------------------328
4-11-20 -----------------------------2,499----------------------------- 172
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

The only time Trump really went rogue is when Trump implemented the China travel ban on January 31 just 10 days after the expert Dr. Fauci said on Jan. 21, “This is not a major threat to the people of the United States and this is not something that the citizens of the United States should be worried about right now,”

Going against the expert I'm sure triggered the cries of xenophobia.

The CDC did not report a Covid-19 death until week ending 2-29-20 when there were 5 reported deaths.
The CDC starts using the term "social distancing" on February 28th.

Trump begins drastic shutdown and closing measures in Mid March when he sees the death numbers go from 5 to 19 to 44 in two weeks.
Trump is obviously looking at these numbers as he is making his decisions.
Starting to do something you know will destroy the economy over 44 deaths in mid-march I would say is quite a decision to make,
Not Starting the shutdown process with 0 or even 5 deaths in a country of 327 million at the end of February is what people are criticizing him for....
or maybe it's just all political Bull#$%& in an election year.

C. Davis

Last edited by C. Davis; 04-16-2020 at 03:42 AM.
Old 04-16-2020, 04:04 AM
Fork Horn

Here's what happened in February per the New York Times:

Early February: Other White House officials, including deputy national security adviser Matthew Pottinger, join Grogan in calling for a more forceful response. Pottinger pushes for expanding the travel bans to countries such as Italy and earns the support of Anthony S. Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. but the plan is resisted by Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, who cited economic concerns.

Feb. 5: Trump’s impeachment trial ends with his acquittal by the Senate.

Feb. 5: Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) says that a briefing shows the administration isn’t taking the virus seriously enough and says it isn’t heeding calls for emergency funding.

Feb. 10: Trump says, “I think the virus is going to be — it’s going to be fine.”

Feb. 14: A memo is drafted by health officials and the National Security Council about the potential need for “quarantine and isolation measures to combat the virus," per the NY Times but a scheduled meeting to brief Trump on the plan is later canceled.

Feb. 19: Trump says: “I think it’s going to work out fine. I think when we get into April, in the warmer weather, that has a very negative effect on that and that type of a virus. So let’s see what happens, but I think it’s going to work out fine.”

Feb. 21: The White House coronavirus task force conducts a mock response to a pandemic and concludes that mass social distancing will be needed, per the Times

Feb. 23: Another Navarro memo warns of an “increasing probability of a full blown Covid-19 pandemic that could infect as many as 100 million Americans, with a loss of life of as many as 1-2 million souls.”

Feb. 23: Italy begins to see evidence of a major outbreak in the Lombardy region.

Feb. 24: As Iran becomes a hot spot, WHO Director General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus warns of a possible pandemic “There is a lot of speculation about whether this increase means that this epidemic has now become a pandemic,” he says.

Feb. 24: Trump says: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. … Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”

Feb. 25: Nancy Messonnier, the director of the National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, warns publicly about the inevitable spread of the virus and says “we need to be preparing for significant disruption in our lives.”

Feb. 26: Trump says, “When you have 15 people — and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero — that’s a pretty good job we’ve done.”

Feb. 27: Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Richard Burr (R-N.C.), who had received briefings on the threat, tells a private luncheon that the coronavirus is “much more aggressive in its transmission than anything that we have seen in recent history” and is “is probably more akin to the 1918 Influenza pandemic,” in which 50 million or more people died worldwide.

Feb. 28: Trump says: “It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”

Feb. 29: The United States records its first coronavirus death and announces new travel restrictions for Iran, Italy and South Korea.

A whole month wasted.
Old 04-16-2020, 05:30 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Coastal Mountaineer View Post
Here's what happened in February per the New York Times:

Early February: Other White House officials, including deputy national security adviser Matthew Pottinger, join Grogan in calling for a more forceful response. Pottinger pushes for expanding the travel bans to countries such as Italy and earns the support of Anthony S. Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. but the plan is resisted by Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, who cited economic concerns.

Feb. 5: Trump’s impeachment trial ends with his acquittal by the Senate.

Feb. 5: Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) says that a briefing shows the administration isn’t taking the virus seriously enough and says it isn’t heeding calls for emergency funding.

Feb. 10: Trump says, “I think the virus is going to be — it’s going to be fine.”

Feb. 14: A memo is drafted by health officials and the National Security Council about the potential need for “quarantine and isolation measures to combat the virus," per the NY Times but a scheduled meeting to brief Trump on the plan is later canceled.

Feb. 19: Trump says: “I think it’s going to work out fine. I think when we get into April, in the warmer weather, that has a very negative effect on that and that type of a virus. So let’s see what happens, but I think it’s going to work out fine.”

Feb. 21: The White House coronavirus task force conducts a mock response to a pandemic and concludes that mass social distancing will be needed, per the Times

Feb. 23: Another Navarro memo warns of an “increasing probability of a full blown Covid-19 pandemic that could infect as many as 100 million Americans, with a loss of life of as many as 1-2 million souls.”

Feb. 23: Italy begins to see evidence of a major outbreak in the Lombardy region.

Feb. 24: As Iran becomes a hot spot, WHO Director General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus warns of a possible pandemic “There is a lot of speculation about whether this increase means that this epidemic has now become a pandemic,” he says.

Feb. 24: Trump says: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. … Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”

Feb. 25: Nancy Messonnier, the director of the National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, warns publicly about the inevitable spread of the virus and says “we need to be preparing for significant disruption in our lives.”

Feb. 26: Trump says, “When you have 15 people — and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero — that’s a pretty good job we’ve done.”

Feb. 27: Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Richard Burr (R-N.C.), who had received briefings on the threat, tells a private luncheon that the coronavirus is “much more aggressive in its transmission than anything that we have seen in recent history” and is “is probably more akin to the 1918 Influenza pandemic,” in which 50 million or more people died worldwide.

Feb. 28: Trump says: “It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”

Feb. 29: The United States records its first coronavirus death and announces new travel restrictions for Iran, Italy and South Korea.

A whole month wasted.
The NY Times better do some research considering Piglosi was on video on Feb 24th at the Chinese festival telling the news that the travel ban was not called for and everyone should come down and enjoy themselves. I watched numerous clips of Murphy , Piglosi and other meathead Libs being interviewed on CNN and MSNBC , all in Feb and as late as Feb 28th mocking the President for overblowing the situation . If Murphy was so concerned , why was his Witch Boss Piglosi mocking Trump on camera on Feb 24th ? Want me to find the news clip of her doing that ? Oh that is the same Murphy that has co sponsored that totally anti 2nd Amendment Gun Control bill . His name is written all over it.
Old 04-16-2020, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

To turn a 22 trillion dollar economy off in a month with virtually zero deaths would have flown like a lead duck, bordering on criminal.
Continuing to do it now is unsustainable.

C. Davis

Old 04-16-2020, 06:14 AM
Fork Horn

For the record, here's what Pelosi said: “It’s exciting to be here, especially at this time, to be able to be unified with our community,” Pelosi said on Feb. 24. “We want to be vigilant about what is out there in other places. We want to be careful about how we deal with it, but we do want to say to people ‘Come to Chinatown, here we are — we're, again, careful, safe — and come join us.'”

But, this thread isn't titled "Pelosi", its about President Trump and his comments to America.
Old 04-16-2020, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Evidently Nancy was looking at the CDC numbers too.

C. Davis
Old 04-16-2020, 06:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Based on some of the quotes from the resident LIBs y'all are posting it should be obvious to the most casual of observers why I put them on the "list." If all of you would put them on the "list" and quit giving them attention they will go spew their BS elsewhere. Just sayin...
Old 04-16-2020, 08:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

It is good to know where your enemies are and what they are saying! They are also good for a laugh as they rant in their ignorance. If they are unhappy, I am happy.
Old 04-16-2020, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Understand the thread title, but I cannot understand trying to defend Pelosi. If one cannot comprehend her leftist liberal agenda to destroy the President of the United States at any cost, they are a lost soul.

As those with Trump Derangement Syndrome would chastise the man if he cured cancer, I would do the same for Nancy. Difference is mine is warranted.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.