Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Trump

Old 04-16-2020, 09:27 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by C. Davis View Post
To turn a 22 trillion dollar economy off in a month with virtually zero deaths would have flown like a lead duck, bordering on criminal.
Continuing to do it now is unsustainable.

C. Davis
I agree with that statement. The transition back will be very difficult but has to happen.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 04-16-2020 at 09:38 AM.
Old 04-16-2020, 03:22 PM
Dominant Buck

My hats off to Trump he did a great job tonight on his press conference. He acted like a leader without all the BS. The guidelines seem to be a great plan for this important step in our recovery.
Old 04-16-2020, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Lunkerdog View Post
Face the truth... Trumps admin dropped the ball on this early on... They seemed to have picked it from up time to time, but it seems to me that Trump is going to fumble again...
Remind me, when did Trump sign the Travel Bans?
What else can he do?
And what else would YOU have done? These Governors are going with the misleading information, that Trump has been presented with as well.
By the SAME people. Dr. Fauci for example.

Leading by Computer Model, is NOT a good way to govern. it works out great for those who are NOT in the hot seat. Like the Dr's who can say that they were Just as surprised by the lack of deaths as everyone else, and their models were right. But The people did what they were supposed to and Physical distanced like they were told to.

Listen to Rush, for just one hour. He can explain it better than I can.
Old 04-17-2020, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Close the economy down too soon or opening it up too soon is a fine line. The duration of the shutdown also has to be a factor.

IMO some of what Trump said was to help avoid panic.

A small percentage of the population has actually been infected, the threat still exists. A whole lot of asymptomatic people wandering around out there. IMO the threat of a resurgence is large. Plan for the worst and hope for the best. IMO nobody is going to get it exactly right, better to err on the side of caution.

It is easy to be a critic and much harder to be a planner. It is also easy to propose alternate solutions as long as you aren't the person responsible when things go way wrong. IMO Pelosi's main interest is collecting as much power as possible and Joe or Jill citizen takes a back seat in her planning. If Hillary were President her sole agenda would be to acquire as much wealth as possible and milk the situation for all it was worth. IMO Trump's main failing is trying to please too many people, he has to stop being a politician and start being a General. IMO Trump is getting some bad advice and his advisors are paying a little too much attention to the election and public opinion. A little more General Schwartzkopf and a little less General Honore.
Old 04-17-2020, 08:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

It is also much easier to be a critic if you belong to the opposite political party of knuckle head leftists. There are some in Trumps party who criticize everything he does, sadly they have been indoctrinated by professional politicians who dance around the truth and tell people what they want to hear. They are polished liars who are destroying our country. I would rather have an unpolished person who looks out for the country instead of himself and tells the truth.
Old 04-18-2020, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr View Post
It is also much easier to be a critic if you belong to the opposite political party of knuckle head leftists. There are some in Trumps party who criticize everything he does, sadly they have been indoctrinated by professional politicians who dance around the truth and tell people what they want to hear. They are polished liars who are destroying our country. I would rather have an unpolished person who looks out for the country instead of himself and tells the truth.
The sister in law returned to Germany from California and was put on a two week quarantine. According to the wife and the middle daughter, it is Trump's fault. Trump derangement syndrome isn't confined to the U.S. The sorry part is when you ask any of them what alternative do you propose, who would be a better choice to do the job, all you get is a dumb look. I'm sitting here wondering what and the heck does Trump have to do with a German guarantee policy? It doesn't have to make sense as long as they feel themselves part of the mob.
Old 04-18-2020, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I for one cannot wait to see Trump debate Biden.

It will be like watching a hunter club a baby seal real time. Biden is becoming more senile almost literally by the day.
Old 04-18-2020, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MudderChuck View Post
The sister in law returned to Germany from California and was put on a two week quarantine. According to the wife and the middle daughter, it is Trump's fault.
It is China's fault. I'll bet that never even entered their head.
Old 04-18-2020, 01:19 PM
Fork Horn

Some stupid people blame a lot their own stupid stuff on President Trump.
Old 04-18-2020, 06:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Relative to Trump "dropping the ball." Compare the per capita death toll in the US to that in other major western nations: Italy, Spain, France, UK, Germany. Germany has done a little better, but not a lot. Otherwise the US has done better. So HOW has Trump dropped the ball? Compared with peers we have done substantially better . . . but that sucks and is incompetent? According to what standard?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.